“My stay could have been better.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Newport
Winchester, Kentucky
“My stay could have been better.”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before and loved it. This time was not so great. In the first room I was in the deadbolt on the door would not lock. Also one of the beds had dirty or stained(I'm not sure) sheets. I asked to change rooms and was upgraded to a river view room. The beds in my new room were clean but the shower was slightly moldy and the shower head was not attached to the wall. The piping moved every time I adjusted the shower head! If you can get a clean room this hotel is a great deal. Be sure to purchase a river view room. It's worth it!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Chicago
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend the week after Christmas 2010. We were visiting friends in Cincy and the Comfort Suites was the cheapest decent hotel we could find in the area (unlike many places, their military discount was better than the "best available" rate.

The hotel is in a great location, just about half a mile from the Levee/Aquarium and we had a great view out our window of Cincinnati. Some of the reviews made me a little concerned about modernity and cleanliness, but it looks like they've done a lot of work on the hotel recently (the 4th floor was closed for construction when we were there).

We did not eat the breakfast (it was over by 9:30), but the room was decently clean, no bedbugs (we did an intense check!) Overall, I was happy with this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn D
KY
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My wife and I, along with two other couples, stayed at the Comfort Suites this past weekend. I've read some bad reviews and I did not experience any problems with my stay. The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and the breakfast was good (for a free breakfast). It was in walking distance of Newport on the Levee and right across the street from a great liquor/gourmet food store (Party Source). If you're looking for a place to sleep in Newport, I recommend the Comfort Suites. It's pretty much your only option.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed September 4, 2010

the rooms are great they have everything we needed the front desk people were awesome we made reservations again for next year cant wait

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank debbierowekamp
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The front desk people are not friendly and the rooms are dirty. Please let them know AT CHECK IN time you will NOT be using the in room safe and you will not be charged. I learned this from another reviewer on Tripadvisor. I got the room for 2 nites tax included for $195, if it was more I would have felt ripped off, but the location is perfect. Too bad they can't fix the other stuff

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank HighlandHeightsOH
Louisville, Ky.
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Great place for games in Cincy. Handy to many activities and across the street from the Party Source. Can't beat that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Our stay was horrible.

Our car was broken into in the parking lot. Besides calling the police, the staff did nothing to help us after the incident. No help securing our car, no help cleaning up...NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY.

It gets worse. Later the same evening, we were awakened by a neighboring room's jacuzzi tub. SCREECHING.

Save your money. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank travelgirl55229
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!