“Horrible service”
Review of Pompilio's

Pompilio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Pompilio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 106 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Live music Fridays and Saturdays, some Thursdays.
Union
“Horrible service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is wonderful here and you will get plenty to eat. We have been there a couple of times and the service always leaves me angry. I do not enjoy paying to eat somewhere where I am treated like they are doing me a favor by serving me. My last visit on Saturday will be my last visit ever. The service was horrible. Our food was plopped down in front of us and that was the last time we saw our waitress EVER. No "Can I get you something else?", No "Does everything look ok"? Nothing. Never once came by to check on us or see if we needed more drinks. Maybe the staff is "attentive" if you are a regular but we certainly didn't find them to be that way. Oh and we were there on an off time when it was NOT busy at all. I'm sure there are other good Italian restaurants in the area. The Rainman memorabilia is not worth the horrible service.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Karen O

“WONDERFUL OLD WORLD ITAILIAN FLAVORS”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have eaten at this great restaurant many times. Its my favorite place to take out of town visitors. The beautiful antique bar and old world atmosphere is outstanding.The pasta is homemade as well as sauces and the wonderful bread.Great place to watch "the game" during the winter months. During the summer there is a great outside eating area. You may even be lucky to catch a bocci ball game. Very informal and laid back so no need to dress.
Try this place I know you will love it.

• Visited January 2013
Wheaton, Illinois
“Italy in Newport, KY”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Pompilio's is a superb Italian eatery! The food is incredible, the staff attentive, and has the 'neighborhood' feel. Once you find make sure you have a big appetite, and be prepared to a feast. It is one location worth taking time to find.

Visited January 2013
Northern, Kentucky, United States
“Good Food, Good Service During the Week”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Have been here numerous times, and most of the time it was very pleasant, good food, and good service. However, stay away on weekends, long waits, lots of rudeness from the owners, as they do not sit you in order, they take people they know and leave you waiting. We ended up leaving and going to another restaurant on that weekend.

Mason, Ohio
“Went to try Something Different”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I went there this past weekend because we were in that area and had never tried it. We've had Pompilio's at the Taste of Cincy but had not visited there in person. Went on a Saturday night and did not have reservations. The wait wasn't too bad though it was crowded. Found a place at the bar and had a drink and Fried Ravioli. Red sauce is good and the fried ravioli was actually decent. We had good hopes for the night after reviewing the menu.

Have to say, from the time we got our food on, we were fairly let down. Red sauce is good, not much else was. Wife had Chicken Parmesian (over done and borderline burned). I worked in kitchens for nearly 12 years (as a manager and cook) and I can tell you their oil was old. That's why chicken gets that color. Too many batches cooked in the same oil will leave it nasty and dark. That's the way her and my chicken were. I ordered the Chicken Florentine with an alfredo sauce. Very OK. Salad dressing is awful and bread is out of a package. Tried the meatballs as an app and were not impressed.

We might go back just to try the lasagna, which my wife said looked good. We're not in a hurry, though.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Mike P

Been to Pompilio's? Share your experiences!