“Chef deserves 6 stars and our Waiter, Justin 7!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Fish Market

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
La Grange, Kentucky
“Chef deserves 6 stars and our Waiter, Justin 7!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent the day with family at the Newport Aquarium. Once outside, Mitchell's Fish Market was a logical choice for dinner. Since we had a little one, I wish I had checked the menu and decor however, we were welcomed by the staff. Our waiter, Justin is without a doubt one of the best young men we have had the pleasure to meet. We felt like we came to dine at Justin's home. Explained the specials which are cooked to order by an amazing Chef. I guess before I go father, I need to mention...I don't like fish...PERIOD. Everyone else in our party loved it so along I went thinking, they must have a burger. My Son ordered, Shang Hai Seafood Sampler $23.49. The other adults ordered the Fried Cod Dinner $16.99. I was still a bit undecided. My Son ordered the Kid's Fresh Salmon for my Granddaughter and once again it was my turn to order. Justin had chosen everyone's dinner based on what they told him they enjoyed, as he stood there I said in a very low voice, I hate fish. He smiled and assured me that I would indeed enjoy the cod and if not, he would order my burger. Cod it was. We all had wonderful iced tea served both sweet & unsweetened.
All our food arrived at the correct temperature, freshly cooked & DELICIOUS! My Son raved about his choice. My sister tasted my Son's meal and wished she had ordered the Shang Hai because it was fabulous. Everyone, including me, enjoyed the cod, frys and coleslaw very much. The Kid's meal was fit for a Queen. A wonderful piece of salmon, green beans and fresh strawberries.
Our service was impeccable, the food delicious and the after dinner conversation (including Justin) was a wonderful end to our dinner.
Once inside this resturant, I was concerned we were underdressed for the ambiance. We were served as if we were in ball gowns & tuxes. This dinner was worth every cent or $$$. We appreciated the cleanliness, service & menu offerings. We love this resturant and would love to dine here again! Special thanks to Justin for sharing the wonderful dessert offerings. None of us were able to finish our meal therefore, dessert will be another time. On our next trip to northern Kentucky we will look forward to visiting Mitchell's. Our entire bill with tip $ 144.13. 5 adults & 1 child.

• Visited July 2013

Beaver Dam, WI
“Good for the most part”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our group of 4 had dinner here on June 2, 2013. All of us ordered fish. 2 of us were very pleased, 1 was satisfied and the 4th was sorry she had not chosen a different form of preparation. The Copper River Salmon and sea bass special were both very well prepared. The tilapia seemed to be a bit overcooked but did have good flavor. The Shang Hai Seafood Sampler was the only entree that missed the mark as to what was anticipated. All 4 entrees were very attractively presented.
Cocktails and wine selection were very good. Our server was helpful and paced dinner well. We had a window table which provided a terrific view of the Ohio River looking toward downtown Cincinnati. Prices were reasonable for what we received. While it may not be our first choice for a special meal our meal was of sufficient quality for all of us to look forward to returning.

• Visited June 2013
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“SummerVisit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Found in the Levee of Newport, surrounded by a mall-like venue, this restaurant has a covered outside view of the Ohio River, looking towards Cincinnati. Appetizers were well-proportioned; also daily seafood specials for appetizers and entrees. I chose the half-dozen East Coast oysters and the calamari for the table of three. Plenty to eat. We each ordered different seafood entrees; they arrived well-timed, perfectly cooked. Attentive staff.

• Visited June 2013
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States
“Beautiful view, great fish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I ate lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, sitting outside looking over the river. I got the blackened fish tacos and she got the fish and chips. Both delicious. The best hushpuppies I have ever put in my mouth! Service was good and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“It's worth crossing the river”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just across the river from downtown Cincinnati you find this place, a fish restaurant with a great view of the river and the skyline of downtown Cincinnati. There's fresh fish on display, and always a catch of the day on the menu. I was surprised to find such a good fish restaurant far inland, and skeptical at first... The dishes we had were delicious, and the staff friendly and polite. A good choice!

• Visited May 2013