“3rd year for Christmas Eve Dinner at Mitchells !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Fish Market

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Ohio
“3rd year for Christmas Eve Dinner at Mitchells !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have gone to this location the last three Christmas Eves with family party of about 15. Atmosphere is great, and food is consistently good, and a decent value given the location. The seafood gumbo is one of my favorite items on the menu, and I've often commented that I could eat a double portion and count it as my entree ! Overall a great place and location, and I look forward to my next visit there !

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank DDLOhio

Louisiana
“average place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have a very biased view of this very nice well located joint. I am from La and Miss. and have a skewed view of what to expect at any "seafood" restaurants. I was not impressed but then again it will be hard to impress me when it comes to seafood especially Boiled seafood , which is what I ordered it was a let down little seasoning very watery boil. Oysters were not very salty. Might give it one more chance but not boiled seafood or raw oysters.

Visited October 2012
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We just went here on a whim and it was fantastic. Great food, great service. It's just very pricey so can't do it often.

Visited January 2013
“Christmas Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have never had Christmas dinner out until this past Christmas and we chose Mitchell's for our dinner. I had eaten at the Mitchell's north of Cincinnati and was pleased, but this was the first time we had been to the location at Newport on the Levee. I think they were somewhat caught off gaurd by the crowd and we did not get seated until about 40 minutes after our reservation. We got seated in the corner with great views of the Cincinnati skyline. Service was ok, but a bit on the slow side, again I think they were not prepared for the volume of business. The food was great and overall we had a good dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A good choice in Newport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Mitchell's is a family favorite in the Newport-on-the-Levee complex just across from the Newport Aquarium. It is an upscale chain with a friendly staff and fresh seafood that you can select from a display case. If you don't want a full meal, try oysters at the comfortable bar. Reservations are prudent at peak hours, but the restaurant is large and impromptu seating is not usually a problem.

• Visited July 2012