“Good food, large portions, fair prices, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Don Pablo's Mexican Kitchen - CLOSED

Don Pablo's Mexican Kitchen
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Covington, Kentucky
“Good food, large portions, fair prices, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My son and I had a nice dinner at Don Pablo's last night. The setting directly on the Ohio river is very scenic. On a warm day we would have sat outside, but since it was cool out we decided to sit at the bar.

Eric was our bartender and he greeted us immediately and warmly. It was happy hour, which features 1/2 price standard or frozen margaritas, $1 off wine, but no beer discounts, which was disappointing as I enjoy my beer. I started with a 23oz Miller Lite draft ($4). It was very cold and good.

As we relaxed and snacked on tasty (and free) warm tortilla chips and salsa, Eric made me a half price frozen margarita ($2.99). The drink was huge, the taste was good, but they were pre-made, and I think the alcohol content was very low. Can't blame the bartender when the pre-made drinks are weak.

We discovered that Monday night they have all you can eat steak, chicken, or combo fajitas for $11.99 with all the fixins. They were served hot, and tasted very good. One helping was all I could handle. I always eat to many chips and salsa in Mexican places.

My son got the Four Amigos Refritos(%10.99). Don't ask me what it was, but it was a large portion, and he really enjoyed it. He also got fried ice cream ($4.99). He said he liked it, but to me it was chewy and not very good.

Thank you to Eric for taking good care of us, and we will be back!

• Visited October 2013

“Not as good as it use to be.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This location is like most other Don Pablo's, dirty. Our waiter was nice and efficient but he brought out our chips in a dirty basket without a paper liner. We decided to sit on the patio to enjoy the weather. I was shocked that a couple sitting two tables over were smoking. I was eating my enchilada and inhaling smoke at the same time, free smoke included with my meal- imagine that. I was going to complain, but I realized that we were in Kentucky were they are still trying to figure out that not everyone wants to breath other people's smoke. Don Pablo's should step up and create their own smoking policy. Right after they scrub down their dirty restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Bland Mexican”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We met some friends that were in town for a Red's game at Don Pablo's for lunch. I have been to this location and the one in Norwood, Ohio on various occasions and have always been disappointed in the food. We arrived around 11:00 AM on a Sunday and were seated quickly and the server took drink orders immediately. Overall service was pretty good, but the food did take a bit long considering it was not that busy. I had a Chicken Quesadilla and it was bland and tasteless. Some of the others felt the same about their dishes. The Mexican Rice tasted like they boiled up some Lipton bagged rice and the Charro Beans were just over salted Pintos with very little flavor other than salt. They have great patio area and would be fine for hanging out and having a drink, but I would not recommend them for Mexican food, there are several Mexican restaurants that are far better.

• Visited August 2013
Maryland
“Your typical Don Pablo's - good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Good Mexican food. On the river banks. I have dined here several times when traveling on business. I stay at a hotel within walking distance. No complaints. Your typical Don Pablo's. Atmosphere is average. Love the fried ice cream.

Visited April 2013
Findlay, Ohio
“Good Mexican Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food was great and came out hot and fast. The restaurant was pretty clean and very colorful. Service seemed good for other tables but our waitress wasn't on top of her game and told us she was very "scatterbrained."

Visited June 2013