“Pizza at its best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Strong's Brick Oven Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Independence, Kentucky
“Pizza at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Strong's is located in a quaint historic building, which definitely adds to the dining experience. The pizza is made from fresh ingredients and very reasonably priced. The service is exceptional! You must give this a try if you believe in supporting local, privately owned establishments!

• Visited September 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cheesey Crusty Yumminess”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

On the recommendation of a friend, my teenage son and I ventured to Strong's Brick Oven Pizzeria, just one block south of The Levee on Monmouth in a restored brick home. The owners are former LaRosa's employees.
The pizzeria has 4 separate areas. The first has the take away counter and the brick oven, the second and third are nice sized rooms with high ceilings, exposed brick and about 8 or 10 tables each. This gave the rooms a nice cozy, yet urban feel which I would imagine to be very romantic for a date night. Finally, they had a small courtyard between the buildings with a mural on the wall and several picnic tables....looked to be a cool place to hang with a bunch of friends.
On to the food...we ordered a basic cheese pizza for our entree (16" for $12.55) and a cheese flatbread as an appetizer (under $6). The waitress was friendly and attentive. She brought sodas out promptly(they do serve alcohol too), and we had our appetizer in front of us in the time it took to flip through a magazine.
The dough was very, very good, crispy yet chewy and perfectly done. The cheese was ample and it even had a drizzle of pesto sauce on it...which neither of us minded, even though we aren't fans of pesto. We'd barely gotten a piece each of the appetizer when a very large pizza arrived. Once again, the crust and cheese were delicious. But my son and I aren't the biggest fans of tomatoes, and the sauce was so fresh and tomatoey that we didn't care for it...luckily it was on top of the cheese, so we just scraped it off. If you ARE a fan of really fresh tomato sauce...this is the place for you! That being said...we loved the dough and cheese on it so much we would definitely be back, but would just order the pizza with vodka sauce or the 3 cheese Pizza Bianca (mozzarella, ricotta, and romano)...I'd add spinach to that and be in heaven. And maybe some sausage. I'm sorry I can't comment on the more topping filled pizzas this time, since my son is a bit of a picky eater, but I promise to return and fill you in on that another time. They also do dessert pizzas, but since we were full and walking out with practically a full pizza box, we did not order one of those.
I would definitely recommend this pizzeria to anyone looking for a good wood fired pizza at a decent price. Why wait in line at Dewey's in the Levee when they are waiting for you with a handcrafted pizza up the street at Strong's.
Parking is metered on the street.

• Visited September 2012