“The Best Meal I've Had in Northern Kentucky” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of York Street Cafe

York Street Cafe
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Merton, Wisconsin
“The Best Meal I've Had in Northern Kentucky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Took my wife and parents here this past week-end, based on the Tripadvisor recommendations. My wife was somewhat skeptical because of the location, but we were all extremely pleased. I was concerned that the restaurant didn't take reservations but we were seated immediately around 6:30 on a Saturday night. It got busier as the night went on and their outside seating was full. Our waiter was very friendly but the service was very slow because of a wedding party taking place upstairs. We ordered the Spanakopita as an appetizer and all loved it. My father and I had the fresh catch, Red Snapper, and both thought it was probably the best we've had. My wife ordered the ribs. She rarely orders ribs but was intrigued by the presentation and ordered them. She loved them. I tried them and agreed that they were excellent. My mother ordered the chicken and enjoyed it as well. We all ordered the Key Lime pie and it was also excellent. We will definitely return!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Newport, Kentucky
“Great food ...don't skip dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

York street is a grest restaurant. You can count on a great entree, good service and desserts to die for. Their appetizer plates to share are also outstanding.

1 Thank Liz G
Knoxville
“Lovely Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a quiet lunch with friends. Nice, friendly service but not cloying. Try the pear salad with candied pecans, bacon and a wonderfully thick balsamic reduction. The grilled chicken dried cherry salad with a mustard dressing was also tasty. Fresh desserts and coffee finished a pleasant meal.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a gem in Newport. Delicious soups and desserts. The menu is seasonal, and fresh. Share the hummus plate. The veggie pasta is great too!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Ohio
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have never eaten here before this past weekend. We bought one of those half price deals and decided to give it a try. Everything was wonderful. It's a small funky little place in an old home a few blocks from the Levee. Decorated with everything from Virgin Mary statues to Elvis memorbillia... I think that about covers it! Service was very good. Nice pace so you didn't feel rushed. Food was amazing. Appetizers were some of the best we have ever had and the tilapia sandwich was as well. We both left stuffed and with two appetizers, two fish sandwiches, an upcharge for jalapeno grits as my side and two beers, the total bill was only about $50, before applying the deal certifcate we had. Great food, service and a good value. We'll be back!!