“Fun place to go, even with kids”

Hofbrauhaus Newport
Ranked #1 of 108 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A fun place to go, even if you have kids. They will love the giant pretzel. In Kentucky you can still smoke in bars, so that is not fun for the kids, but welcome back to the Stone Age. The beer is great.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went to the Hofbrauhaus for an early dinner at 5:30pm on a Friday evening. Good thing we got there when we did, because it really fills up after that time. You can't make a reservation, so if you want to eat here just plan to have an early dinner. Our server was very nice and knowledgeable about the food. We got the sampler platter, and everything on there was very good. Really like the sauerkraut balls. The main dish was pretty tasty, but neither me or my fiance could say it was the best German food we ever had. It was great to try it once, but we probably wouldn't go back for the food. The beer was very good though. That definitely didn't disappoint.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went on a Sat. night. We were told a one hour wait but had a table for 2 in 10 minutes. The liter stein of German beer was the highlight for me. My wife and I had the Jagerschnitzel. The portions were large. I subbed in the spatzle as a side and was not dissapointed. I rate the food as average only because I have a 4 year assignment in Germany as a standard to compaere against. It is loud onthe weekend but that is part of the atmosphere. I would try it out.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Overall, great time. Gets very crowded and loud with all the people and music. Good selection of house brews, Tip: If you do not drink beer fast, opt for the smaller mug size. The bigger mug
tends to get warm. Food was great as well, with right sized proportions, prices about normal
for what you get. It is a great place to take out of town visitors and just enjoy the atmosphere.
Go and try it out.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate at the original in Munich and loved it, so it was a no-brainer to stop here while on vacation. Unfortunately it was the middle of a Monday afternoon in January so there was no entertainment or outside bier garten. But, food was very good and well priced. Service was very good. Atmosphere was fun (but not as much fun as Germany). When we passed by later the place was packed. Being within walking distance to Newport on the Levee was good too. We don't think you can go wrong eating at the Hofbrauhaus wherever it is!