“My kids were so excited”
Review of Tom + Chee

Tom + Chee
Ranked #8 of 106 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Manchester, Michigan, United States
“My kids were so excited”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

When we walked out of the Newport Aquarium and saw Tom and Chee my kids were so excited. They remembered seeing the founders on the television show "Shark Tank" and wanted to try the donut grilled cheese. My youngest (10) did get the donut grilled cheese and loved it. Once my older son (13) realized he could build his very own sandwich he decided to have it on regular bread. He constructed his with two kinds of cheeses, bacon and potato chips. He thought it was terrific. I had the daily special called the "Tom + Chee" which had two kinds of cheese, tomatoes, garlic, and I think one other ingredient which was really good. I also really enjoyed the creamy tomato soup. It is not a place I would eat all the time but I am glad we took the opportunity and enjoyed the experience. The service was really fast and the staff was very nice once we got past the unenthusiastic order taker.

• Visited August 2013

“AhhhhArmagoetta!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Do I need to say more than the headline! The atmosphere is just ok but the food is fantastic. Homemade taste of grilled cheese and Tomato soup is great on a cold day. Did I mention the armagoetta is kickin-some spice and loaded with goetta-goetta double! Enjoy!

Visited July 2013
Danville, Kentucky
“Questionable”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Grilled cheese and tomato soup was very good. Four of us tasted the blue cheese chili and no one liked the taste. Mix of roast beef and burger (we think). We are country folk, so to Northern Ky. lovers, it may be what they like. Just not to our liking. A little expensive but near Newport Aquarium, so that may be the reason for the added expense.

Visited August 2013
Hillsboro, Ohio
“Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is soooooo good amd the price was okay and the dessert was so good we ate more than one of those desserts

• Visited November 2012
Alexandria, Kentucky
“Way better than it sounds!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sounds like grilled cheese and tomato soup, but the soup is delicious,and the sandwich choices are unlimited, and also wonderful! Many types of grilled sandwiches, not just grilled cheese. Yummy.

Visited December 2012