“Great for young kids...”

Ride The Ducks Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most exciting thing to do in Newport! Quack-tastic Fun! Everyone has fun aboard a Ride the Ducks Newport sightseeing tour of Greater Cincinnati. It's the best way for families to tour the area by combining fun, music, history and area sights. Our Captains lead you through Greater Cincinnati’s streets culminating into a terrific splash into the Ohio River. Ride the Ducks is a great way to experience the city and the river - everything the region has to offer - whether you're here for a short time and or a life-long resident.
cincinnati,ohio
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great for young kids...”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hubby and I decided to do this with a friend. It is 18.00 a person and takes about an hour to do. They first take you down the ohio river a little ways and then through downtown cincy and through newport. The kids on the boat are constantly blowing on their quackers, as the "tour guide" Holly halfheartly gives us useless information that most people would already know about our city. Also I wish they would have done the street tour first then cooled it down with the river tour last. I don't think it was a very good value, and won't be reccomending it to any out of town family or friends.

3 Thank travelBarbie61

york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Spare Your Ears and Wallet”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I read the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and feel we were completely mislead by those claiming this tour is for all ages. I can understand how children would completely love this tour. However, if you're an adult seeking a tour that you can take some knowledge away about the city you are visiting, steer clear. Not only is it expensive for what you get, but try to imagine a boat/bus full of children which have been given a duck call prior to departing. Now imagine them using it nonstop and encouraged to do so by the operators. You will not hear anything the tour guide is trying to say. This becomes quite apparent within the first 30 seconds of the ride. Now you're stuck in this situation for another 45 minutes with no chance of escaping the madness unless you feel like jumping overboard. Believe me, it crossed our minds. If you do manage to hear something from the tour guide, the displeasure our ears were dealt by the constant quacking completely negated any positive knowledge we may have gained. Our advice, steer clear and take a different tour, especially if you do not have children.

2 Thank goofyfid
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“"Roberto!"”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our 1st time on the boat ride. We thought our 2yr old would enjoy it, and he LOVED it!! The tour gave a few interesting facts about the boat itself and about Cincinnati. Definitely would recommend, especially for children!!!!

Hamilton, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very Good”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My mother-in-law treated our family to Ride the Ducks for her birthday. My kids, 13 & 10, were with us as well as other family members... ranging in age from early 30s to mid 80s -we all thoroughly enjoyed the ride. It was informative and entertaining, even a bit relaxing for me -to ride/float around and hear history & facts about Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. I've lived here all my life and there was some info shared that I hadn't learned before. "Roberto" was our tour guide and he has the personality for it -very good job, Robert! Beware: they give everyone a quacker-whistle-type thing before you board and all are encouraged to use them... it gets loud. I suggest you join in the fun of "quacking" at folks you pass by -or bring ear plugs if you don't like it! The only downside is that I wish we had been in the water a little longer -we probably were in the river about 20 minutes. Passengers on Ride the Ducks don't get wet except sometimes in the very back seats. All in all, a good time!

Morehead, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just a short review on the Ducks of Newport. I had three young adults from Northern Ireland with me and wanted to let them experience something different. This ride is a great way to see Cincinnati and Newport and to understand the things around you. I would recommend it. And the folks from Northern Ireland thought it was great. They still blow their 'quakers' on occasion.