“Seemed dated”
Review of Newport Aquarium

Newport Aquarium
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Rated #1 U.S. Aquarium by Readers’ Choice Travel Awards and #1 Aquarium in the Midwest by Zagat Survey. Home to thousands of aquatic animals in scores of exhibits, the Newport Aquarium will amaze you with all there is to see and do. You can touch a penguin, pet a shark, hear divers talk to the audience during feeding time, play games in Frog Bog, eat lunch in Sharkey's Cafe and a much, much more!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I visited the Newport Aquarium on an over night trip to Cincinnati. I've been before but this trip I don't remember seeing anything new and it just didn't have the excitement as in the past. The aquarium is located in a wonderful area with shops, movies, and other attractions which made the aquarium seem even more dated. Admission is 23.00 for adults and no discount for 1 day senior tickets. I'm sorry but I left thinking I wish I had my money back. They do have a nice parking garage that allows you to visit the entire Levee Area. We were there about 4 hrs. and it cost 3.00 that you pay at a machine before going to your car. Not so great was the cost of 2 small drinks and a bag of chips. The better part of 8.00.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,930)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"clams"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The aquarium was bigger than I expected and had a nice variety of attractions, a great day trip for families, especially with kids from 8 -12. That said, its a lot of fun as an adult too, I would definitely recommend a trip if you are staying in Cincinnati or nearby. For dinner there is a nice Irish pub in the mall nearby.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have traveled to several aquariums. This is one of the best. The day we went was a very rainy day. We got there just after they had opened, so it was still not too busy. I was impressed that that they did provide umbrella's for those that had to stand in the rain to purchase the tickets.

Once inside, we found the exhibits to be very good. I loved the gator and the jellyfish section. The penguin show was packed, so we didn't get to really see it. They have a little kids area with a play gym, and the girls enjoyed it, although they did say that it smelled pretty bad inside. The girls also enjoyed touching the Horseshoe Crabs.

We did try the food in the cafe and found it to be good. It's not 5 star quality food, but we didn't expect that and it tasted fine. Also the cashier was very friendly.

Overall this is a great aquarium. Get there early or you may have to stand in line for a while or even be required to get a specific time ticket. Also be sure to check their website for any discounts or special notices. We had done this and noticed that while we were there, they were not allowing strollers to be pushed around. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We enjoyed the aquarium very much!! It was well worth the money. They also offered a military discount. There are coupons on the back of the flyers for the aquarium, at our hotel. They were very accommodating with a wheelchair for my mother. Not to mention, you can take the chair outside and use it at the Levee shops until the aquarium closes. Very convenient. You can leave the aquarium and come back for the whole day. So you can go as many times as you like, that day. The layout was excellent and many animals to look at. They also have a café in the aquarium.