“The best aquarium ever!!!”
Review of Newport Aquarium

Newport Aquarium
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Rated #1 U.S. Aquarium by Readers’ Choice Travel Awards and #1 Aquarium in the Midwest by Zagat Survey. Home to thousands of aquatic animals in scores of exhibits, the Newport Aquarium will amaze you with all there is to see and do. You can touch a penguin, pet a shark, hear divers talk to the audience during feeding time, play games in Frog Bog, eat lunch in Sharkey's Cafe and a much, much more!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best aquarium ever!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Awesome aquarium!!!! A little pricey but worth the money. We love the shark tunnel and the jellyfish room. The kids love feeding the lorikeets. I recommend this aquarium to anyone

3 attraction reviews
“Family friendly”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The Newport aqaurium is a very interesting attraction. All of the staff seemed very friendly and were willing to answer any questions one might have. I enjoyed everything about my visit except for the food court. It was very expensive for the food you received. Plus there wasn't much to choose from. Overall the food court left much to be desired.

Vienna, VA
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“A standout”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Some aquariums have quantity. Some aquariums have quality. The Newport Aquarium stands out for plenty of both quality and quantity. I think there were 4 or 5 tunnels with much sea life we walked through. Penguin Parade at the opening time is fun.

Visited August 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
“Good, but not worth the money”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I enjoyed walking around the aquarium and checking out everything, but as an individual in their 20s without kids, there is only so much time you can spend at an aquarium before you get bored. My husband and I stayed for about an hour and a half and that was with us taking our sweet time going from exhibit to exhibit. What we did see was cool, but I definitely don't think it's worth the $20+ we paid per person. We stayed to check out their penguin show, which I thought was going to be penguins doing tricks or dancing for us or something exciting other than standing there staring at us through the glass. Not sure if that ever happened because we left after about ten minutes of listening to the host ramble on about the different penguins. Educational show? Yes. Entertaining show? No.

Visited October 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Save your money”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This aquarium is way too expensive to see penguins stand still behind a window and someone pretend to interact with a cartoon penguin on a tv screen! I feel so sorry for families that spent so much money to get in. There is nothing spectacular about this aquarium. The big gator, Mike, that's there is just big. I was waiting for the exit so we could get out. It was crowded and again, not exciting. Save your money and visit the zoo. You will see and be entertained by so much more!