“Great value, great charm at an excellent price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Murray Plaza Lodge

Murray Plaza Lodge
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Murray
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great value, great charm at an excellent price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lodge the past 2 summers while a family member was ill. The lodge is updated with current conveniences but still had a cool, almost 50s style retro vibe that manages to be updated and modern.

The owners were warm and kind, and escorted us promptly to a charming room well equipped (with microwave and coffee pot), perfect for our simple needs and an extremely comfortable bed.
Surprisingly, no road noise and very quiet, perfect for rest and relaxation in a comfortable setting.

We were only 5 minutes from the hospital, which was ideal, as well as 5 minutes from the local grocery, with convenient restaurants nearby as well. The owners turned on the air conditioning for us to ensure the room was the perfect cool temp while we unloaded and also checked on us during our stay, freshening our towels as needed. When we walked outside, we greatly enjoyed the lovely abudance of flowers and the outdoor gazebos add a great deal of charm.

It was the perfect stay during a difficult time for our family member and we highly recommend a stay if you come in for a family visit or a university event. I believe a discount is available for any MSU related stays. Thanks Ray and Helian for your kindness and care!

Room Tip: Ask to stay across from the charming gazebos if there in spring or summer - the flowers and view is...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rosemoss, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
It is our great pleasure and happiness to hear you enjoyed our place. For next year we are planning to plant more flowers all around the gazebos and in front of the buildings. Hope this gives more pleasure to customers who value asthetics like you. We hope your family member you were visiting is doing better. Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have stayed at the Plaza Hotel three times now while traveling. Each visit has met or exceeded my expectations. Having traveled extensively mostly staying in 'chain' hotels I cannot express what a nice change of pace it was to stay in a 'mom and pop place. The rooms are beautifully decorated , charming and immaculate. The exterior is equally as charming and well kept. The owners personally check you in even if you arrive late as I did. They will even set up your room and leave your key if your going to be late. Superior service, immaculate accommodations, and centrally located to area attractions. Highly recommended. Murray Plaza Lodge it's the place to stay when in Murray.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
rosemoss, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Leigh:
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing this wonderful review. We are glad to read that we have met your expectations. There are always things to be improved. Your encouragement is giving us energy to keep improving.
KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Found this motel on Trip Advisor and have stayed three times. Very well located, only one mile from campus. Run by owners who care. Clean rooms. They even give a discount if associated with Murray State University.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rosemoss, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We really appreciate your appreciating our place. Every time a good review is posted Ray and I wonder who the nice customer is because it would be nice if we can say "thank you" in person when you stay with us next time.
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Decided to stop in Murray,Ky on our way home from a destination trip to Asheville, NC. I booked a queen room on the Lodges website based on tripadvisor reviews. I also liked the idea of a nostalgic motel experience after staying at chain hotels. The owner who checked me in and out was very friendly, The renovations were made, keeping in mind the era the lodge was built. Our room was clean and cute, it reminded me of motels that I stayed in with my parents when I was a child, but with the modern amenities we are used to. It was reasonably priced, with pretty landscaping. We toured the Murray State campus and would definitely stay at the Lodge,if we ever find ourselves in Murray again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room closer to the office, ours was a little too close to the road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I rember talking with you. Didn't you say you came through Smoky Mountains? It was a relatively cool summer day when you checked in. Since you left it has been very very hot without any rain. Even winds in shade are hot and the grass on the lawn is crunch. Is Missouri doing alright? Hope you stay cool and have a wonderful summer!
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I booked a room at the Murray Plaza Lodge after reading the great reviews. As advertised, the room was nicely decorated, comfortable, and extremely clean. The outside of the property is also attractive and well-maintained. I loved all the beautiful flowers! Compared to the chain hotels I checked in the area, it is a real bargain as well. We will definitely stay here again when in the Murray area.

Room Tip: We booked online and received a 10% discount.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you very very much for your wonderful review. We are the most fortunate people in Murray to meet all kinds of nice people from all over the United States and from other countries everyday. On top of that, your good review made us so happy! Wish we could write good reviews about our customers :)
Mason Co, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

It's been years since our last visit to Murray and what a pleasant surprise to find the changes made over the years to the Murray Plaza. The owners have done a marvelous job in upgrading and updating the motel. I highly recommend it! The staff is friendly, helpful and eager to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: It's ideally located for those visiting MSU. Lots of good restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Koupaki
rosemoss, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Aren't you one of the sisters whose father faught in WW2 and Korean war? I am very sure my guess is correct, yes, yes.. It was pleasant to talk with you and your sister. We really appreciate your appreciating our place. You made our day. Thank you!
Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My son became very ill while attending Murray State University. I came to the Murray Plaza Lodge to be with my son. Ray and Helian took me under their "wings" and made sure that I knew I wasn't alone. I am certain that there is not a chain hotel that offers that service. I made several visits to attend to my son and each time I received the same attention as well as service. While the rooms are exceptionally clean and comfy, I will always return for the friendship and kindness that I received from Ray and Helian. Thank you - I will never forget you. Donna Byrd

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Donna B
rosemoss, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Hi Donna. Thank you so very much for your warm review. Is your son doing better with you at home? I felt so bad last weekend we didn't have rooms available for you and your sisters. Hope you were able to find nice rooms nearby. The three busiest times we will have in the upcoming semester are:
1. The weekend just before the new semester starts
2. Family weekend (Sept. 28-29)
3. Homecoming (Oct. 12-13)
By the way I mistakenly clicked "Yes" at the end of the question "was this review helpful?". Oops! That's how one helpful vote up there was made. I am not supposed to do that, I guess :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Hampton Inn & Suites Murray
Quality Inn Paris/Ky Lake Area
Wingfield Inn
Wingfield Inn
#1 of 2 in Mayfield

Been to Murray Plaza Lodge? Share your experiences!