“GREAT STAY!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Murray
Reviewed May 24, 2013

When I arrive here the staff is always ready, they know that my day has been a long one. They are always very friendly and understanding if any problem arises, with my arrival time. They know when I'm here and lets me have a restful and relaxing stay, I always look forward to the time I spend with Justin, manager, every Friday morning. He's also very helpful when I have trouble getting advance room reservations.

Room Tip: All rooms restful and quiet,
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephan H

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here twice in a month. First time was by myself for 4 days and everything was good except the hot tub. It was dirty and foamy and needed a good cleaning. Complained to the front desk and was told they would look into it. The second stay 2 weeks later was with my family for 3 days. The rooms were clean, lobby clean but again the hot tub was in the same shape. Gross and disgusting, and this time you could see the scum floating on top of the foam. Again complained to the front desk and was told all they could do was add defoaming agent. That isn't what was needed. The breakfast was decent every morning and the employees were friendly.

1  Thank FerChitsNGiggles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear FerChitsNGiggles,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found the breakfast served to be adequate and you found our staff to be friendly. I apologize that there were mishaps in the maintenance levels on site. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your feedback

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went to look at the collage so we stayed there.. It is nice for a day or two.. Breakfast was good.. Rooms were clean and looked nice. It was close to most of the things in Murray if you neededanything

1  Thank rodney w
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family of 5 stayed there 1 night while visiting Murray State U. I was shocked at how nice this HI Express was. For about $125, we got a two-room suite that was absolutely huge. Room came with a fridge and microwave also. It's about 1/2 mile from campus. The indoor pool was very clean and nice. Great hot tub and sauna as well. We were amazed at how good the facilities were. Breakfast was the only thing we didn't like.

If we come back to Murray, we would book here again for sure.

1  Thank kmanshouse
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We made reservations earlier in the day from friends reccomendations. I was impressed from the moment I walked in because the lady at the desk was already had our paperwork sitting there waiting for our arrival. The studio was nice for a family of 5. Cleanliness was good. Hotel staff were nice and it felt good also to see motel maintenance men around. The cookies in the lobby didn't hurt my feelings a bit! Breakfast was good and the lady keeping it all going was very friendly and went beyond her duty to make sure we were happy. The pool was enjoyed by the kids. Didn't try the spa. The Koi pond in the front of motel added a unique and interesting view from our front room window.

Room Tip: We got a studio as they said it was roomier. Good choice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lynden c
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were in Murray Kentucky for a mule sale and needed a place to stay for one night. The location was good, the room was clean and beds were comfortable. The Desk clerks were okay, but they didn't seem to enjoy their jobs. It was very noisy from unrestrained children running back and forth, up the stairs and in and out of what was evidently an adjoining room to their parents. All in all it was okay and I would stay there again if the circumstances were the same, but I would shop around first as it seemed way to expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: don't get a room close to the stairwell.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank godzcountry
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear godzcountry,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry for the noise challenges you encountered during your stay. I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Checked in and after sitting on my bed for 40 minutes working I started to itch. Looked at what was going on and there were bed bugs that were crawling around and had bite me. Went to the desk and he gave me another room. After much inspection I felt halfway safe. Covered the bed and pillows and went to sleep. The two things that struck me was the reaction of the front desk...there was no reaction. It almost seemed that this had happened before. The second thing that struck me was there was no offer to even refund a small bit of money..
Would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank citygirlky
HIExpress_GM42071, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We are terribly sorry that you expirenced a problem during your stay at our hotel. Upon notification of the incident we placed a call to the local heath inspector for an evaluation and deep inspection of the room. The health inspectors findings came up that there were no signs od any form of bug or insect in the room. We do have the full report from the inspector on file.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Hampton Inn & Suites Murray
SpringHill Suites Murray
Best Western University Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 9 in Murray
Quality Inn Paris/Ky Lake Area
Kenlake State & Resort Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray? Share your experiences!