“They do "meat and three" for lunch right!”
Review of The Keg

The Keg
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Murray
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I dropped in here on a whim and ate at the bar for lunch .... $6.49 for meat and three sides, cornbread and tea seemed too good to pass up at that price, but I was floored by the good quality & huge portions! A pile of pulled pork about twice the size of what you get at other local BBQ joints, a large portion of homemade red beans and rice, a large scoop of homemade potato salad, and a smaller portion of homemade slaw -- made with mayo which is rare in the part of the country; you usually get what I call "dishwater slaw". The cornbread was light and fluffy and a 3"x3"x3" cube of buttered goodness (tho it had a little sweetness to it, which is anathema to me as far as cornbread is concerned; you may disagree). This is a great value for lunch, and will last the rest of the day! Service at the bar was attentive, typical bar atmosphere, but the food was great!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I go to New Orleans a great deal and this is by far as good as if not better than most the places in the French Quarter. The grilled oysters and blackened fish are awesome. The service is fast and the prices for the portions are great. Never thought I would find a place like this in Western Ky. There BBQ is good too.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We caught a pre-game meal before the football game. They have a large variety of food to choose from. I had the 1/2 smoked chicken and it was very tasty. They have seafood, BBQ, brisket and lots of Cajun dishes to choose from. TV,s everywhere for the football junkies. At night they have a live band. Will stop by again when in the area.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pub grub is a good description - but who knew they had great seafood. Try the grilled oysters!!!! I wish I'd just ordered a couple of dozen for dinner. Not that my meal wasn't good, but they were great. The college kids were rolling in when we left and it was getting loud and rowdy, but early in the evening in the back rooms you can still carry on a conversation and eat a decent meal.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a local hang-out for good BBQ and cold beer. But their menu is quite extensive and has lots of excellent items, including cajun selections. My family and I go quite regularly. I probably wouldn't take them past 8:30 p.m. or so. It becomes more of a honky tonk at that point. However, we've stayed for the bands later at night and they have been fantastic. Best ribs in town, by far.