“"Can't wait to return"”
Review of Irvin Cobb Resort

Irvin Cobb Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murray
Irvin Cobb Resort
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We just spent a week at this wonderful resort. This trip was spontaneous ,so we were delighted when we were told we'd be able to get in. She mentioned the current renters would be leaving the same day , but it shouldn't be a problem. It was ready by the time we arrived, and I have to say, I fell in love with it the moment I walked in. We stayed right next to the office, in fact, my bedroom was the old office, so I got to have my own entry with my own roomy porch and the ice machine to boot. I'm not a person who goes fishing, I'm not really athletic, but I love the mountains, lakes and being out in the country. Being a Nurse in the ER, my job is very stressful, so, I just wanted to get away from it all. This place was perfect, I kept wishing I could live there. It was beautiful, I loved waking up in the morning and looking out the living room windows and seeing the trees and the lake, then going out on the front porch and hearing the birds on the lake echo as I drank my coffee. It was clean, roomy, and all details attended to.....with all of this, I just can't wait to go back, I already miss it !! Thank you Susie and John Dietrich, you two are wonderful, down to earth , professionals that really know how to make us feel welcome ! I'll be back !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lexyes555
There are newer reviews for Irvin Cobb Resort

Reviewed August 6, 2009

I came to the Irvin Cobb Resort with reservations for the floating cabin, we did look at the cabin which was very nice and clean, but my mom had a hard time getting up the dock, it is on a bit of an incline and mom has breathing problems, thank goodness we were given the option of another cabin that happened to be empty that day, what a life saver AND Sharon gave us the cabin for the same price we would have paid for the floating cabin, that was really nice and she didn't have to do that, Thank You again Sharon. We ended up staying in Cabin 1 and what a nice little cabin to stay in, we were very comfortable there and the place was clean, we fell in love!!

I recommend this Resort for anyone traveling in that area looking for a reasonable place to stay, bonus if you plan on fishing, the boat launch is right there at the end of the grounds. We did not fish we were there to visit my brother, but him and my nephew
did fish, right there off the pier, no need to go to any of the big lakes, too bad we didn't have a boat, THAT would have been perfect! :)

LOL.............I believe we called Susan, Sharon all week..............sorry Susan, and you didn't even correct us!!

Hope to see you again next year! :)

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Niner922
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We stayed at Irv Cobb Resort Cabin number ten in Murray, KY. It was more like Bates Motel. There was dog hair everywhere and dog and human hair on the pillow cases. My husband moved a chair in the living room and it was disgusting underneath it. The vents were even filled with dust and dog hair. The place smelled awful and the table was never cleaned. The window treatments that existed were awful. There were cobwebs above the bedroom doorway. Thank goodness my husband checked all the doors at night, two of them were unlocked. One bedroom has an outside door in the room. The cabin was previously the office, what a joke! They should have tore it down. We paid $105 to stay there. I hope this helps someone out!

1  Thank adam09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
SpringHill Suites Murray
Kenlake State & Resort Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Murray
Early American Motel
Early American Motel
#2 of 2 in Aurora
Best Western University Inn
America's Paradise Resort

Been to Irvin Cobb Resort? Share your experiences!