All reviews kentucky lake bring your own fish cleaning station bedroom cottage extended family small beach shallow cove dock slips paddle soap
Reviewed June 8, 2018

So many issues with our cabin and facilities I started making a list which grew to a dozen items before I stopped. The only high light was the staff which was very pleasant and did their best to fix issues- if not for them this place receives one & a half stars. Be aware that restaurants, stores, etc. are quite a distant away- even if this place was much nicer that would keep me away in a future trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank DJRPNTK
Reviewed July 5, 2017

I usually booked a cabin in Paris Landing but when I called this year they had it up for sale so I looked online to find something around the same area. After quite a bit of research I decided to give Paradise a try. The pictures and reviews looked great and the prices were reasonable. I booked Cottage #3 July 2nd-5th. Upon arrival through our departure the staff was exceptional! They truly went above and beyond to make sure our trip was pleasurable. We rented a boat on Monday and were out on the water for about an hour before having to come back in because of a huge storm. I dropped the keys off at the office and told them what happened. The property manager came by our cottage later that day and said he didn't charge us for the rental that day since it stormed. I asked if any of the boats were available the next day and he let us reserve it. We had an absolute blast! My girlfriend got into some chiggers and Steve went and got her some spray that really made a difference. He also checked back in on her a few more times. Just exceptional service and hospitable staff. If you forget anything, which everyone does, they have a small shop and the items are very reasonably priced. They deliver ice to you if you need it. I was surprised that we had Wi-Fi as well! We will be making this our destination resort for any trip to Kentucky Lake! I suggest you give it a try!

Room Tip: Check their website for a map of the cottages and Condos
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

Nice little stay (although it is like stepping back in time). Our cabin was one of the smaller ones, in fact way small almost claustrophobic. The beauty of that was we sat outside nearly all day and night which turned out to be just perfect. Sqirrels and bunnies come right up close. Heaps of bird noises outside which cant be heard over the clanky air conditioners when you sit inside. Our room was very basic. No coffee or salt/pepper are provided. Only one cake of soap is provided for the bathroom. Which i guess isnt an issue if you know what you are in for. There is no food supplies on site or really for a 10 mile radius to the site so make sure you take everything you want with you before you leave town and arrive for your stay. We had driven 6 hours to get here then had to drive back to town 15miles one way to go get supplies! There is a bbq supplied but it had no charcol or matches, but the staff seemed helpful to find us some - although I got the impression you are supposed to bring your own of that too. There is very limited kitchen utensiles and cooking facilities but once you work out how you can cook what you bought it is all good. The staff helped us overcome any issues we had. The room was spotlessly cleaned. The bed linen and the towels smelt and felt crisp and clean. All the cutlery and dishes were all very clean too. Once we fell into "the way things happen around here" we had a really great stay and would definitely come again.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2016

We rented a 2 bedroom one bath cabin with a waterfront view and we were not disappointed. The room was clean and had all the amenities they told us. We had a wonderful view of the lake and a nice large deck to sit out in. The pool was still open but it was cold but once you got in it warmed up. The staff was extremely friendly. There was a playground for our grandson to play on and a small beach for him to play in the sand. However we could not go in the water at the beach as the water had receded quit a bit. But it was still fun for him. The boat dock however was very dirty and the boats were not clean except for maybe one. I would stay at this place again and we did have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Waterfront Cabins or the condos are the best views of the lake and beach.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Went for the weekend with my son, dol and grand daughters (ages 7 and 4) The girls said it was the best weekend vacation ever! The staff was polite and helpful. Everything worked that was supposed to work and the cabin was furnished with the things we needed. Cabin afforded plenty of room and was clean. Don't go expecting the Taj Mahal this is an older resort area but it has been taken care of and was just fine for us.

Room Tip: there is a beach area but this is a lake, so I wasn't sure how to list
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family