“Kentucky Roadside Attraction”

Kentucky's Stonehenge
Reviewed February 1, 2012

While on a road trip recently, I made plans to go to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. The night before my friend and I stayed in a hotel nearby in Cave City and I grabbed some attraction pamphlets as I usually do. While skimming the fun and unique attractions in the area I came across Kentucky Stonehenge. It is only ten to fifteen minutes from Cave City and FREE. We decided to go check it out. When we pulled up we found that the "entrance" was the driveway of someone's house. We parked in their driveway and walked around their yard, which included the "replica" of Stonehenge, rock gardens, a path lined with angel statues and some other random stone structures. This turned out to be a wonderful stop, especially being free. Unlike the real Stonehenge in England, you can walk in and out of the stone structures. I know there are other "Stonehenges" around the United States, but I haven't been to them so I can't compare. All I know is that if you're in the Mammoth Cave region of Kentucky, especially as a tourist, this is a must see. If you have kids they'll probably love it too.

5  Thank Smuckuss