Corio Bay Motel
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast roomavalon airportfree breakfastchoice of cerealsbed was comfortablefurniturepub
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family stayed in room 19 at Corio Bay Motel we asked about the $75.00 and $85.00 deal sign out the front of the motel and the young lady at reception informed me that price was only for 1 Queen Bed, so not suitable for my family, so that was fine. We went to our room, to find it was exactly the same as the photo advertised on wotif, although basic it was clean and comfortable, not 5 star quality, but you get what you pay for. + a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kittykat1993
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Run by very friendly people, great value for money! Very clean & everything you need from a motel room.
Breakfast is an added bonus in the morning, my little girl is very impressed with the variety of breakfast cereals & there is fruit juice, coffee & toast available aswell.
Very happy with service, will Definately be returning :)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Kami350
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked by 'phone for the 8 days across the airshow period and quoted $100 per night, quite competitive. On arrival told me first night would be $75 and others $100, so they dont try to get the last drop of money out of you (see my review of Aberdenn Motor Inn).

Old budget motel, recently repainted and quite clean and comfortable. Small rooms, typical of a budget motel. No hanging space in room 10 so I asked and was immediately moved to room 11. Tea making facilities, fridge, TV and microwave in the room. On the main road, but there is a wall and I did not find noise at night a problem. Complimentary continental breakfast each morning. No pool.

Very friendly people run it, helpful. $3 in the slot washing machine, $1 for dryer, again very satisfactory - did a load for $5.

Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank bentleg
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a saturday night. The girl at reception was fantastic and helpful. We were in room 19 on the bottom floor. The room while outdated was clean and comfortable. No trouble at all with road noise at all. The only downside was the handle to the toilet fell of and there is no basin in the shower toilet room but in the room next to the fridge. All up it was cheap clean and great if passing through geelong.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank gyro1964
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Corio Bay Motel on the 1st of December. I stayed in an downstairs double room with my friend and we had an excellent stay. From the moment we walked in we were greeted and told everything we needed to know such as the location of the room, a breakfast room and free wifi! As we were catching a plane out of the Melbourne airport the women in reception was more then helpful, she explained the way to get there and gave us a map. The room was neat and tidy. It had everything we needed for our stay. I would recommend staying here to anyone, even for a old motel it surprised me from the moment i stepped in to the reception, the service was just great!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends