“not very efficient.....”

Days Inn Renfro Valley Mount Vernon
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I'd called ahead for reservations and asked if a certain handi-capped room was avialable cause we'd stayed in that room on another occasion,and the lady on the phone said yes it was.So I reserved the room on a credit card but when we got there we were put in another room-which I didn't realize til we left the office and hunted down the room number-not as nice a room-but we stayed anyway.The owner and wife were in the office when I went in talking to someone else-I had to wait til someone else came around the corner to help me-they ignored me.Then when I checked out, the lady at the frontdesk took over half hour to check me out -there was 1 other person in front of me-probadly taking 15 minutes with him.She finally called someone for assistance-and that's how I finally got checked out. I asked not to be charged the "safe fee" that I saw on the receipt-since I wasn't told anything about it and didn't use it.She told me she'd take the charge off my credit card.I've checked and the charge hasn't been taken off yet!The hotel isn't run very efficiently and they're not very friendly.I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I did find out only by overhearing someone else talking, that the rooms on the second floor are chea...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary M

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We called, asked if they accepted dogs, and made a reservation, and were quoted a price. Yesterday morning we asked for a late check out, for noon. The morning male clerk said it would be no problem. When we returned at noon to gather our belongings, the female owner came to my room and confronted me, saying I was supposed to be out by 11:30, and that all of her maids had gone home. She also told me that I had a dog in the room (which was discussed at the reservation time; they are pet friendly). We checked out, but received a call from the male owner who said he was charging our credit card an extra $20 for the dog. No problem, just don't add it after you have given me a price. When I arrived home last night I logged into my credit card account, and they have charged me for an extra day. Do not stay here, they are dishonest and have a disclaimer on the bottom of the statement you receive as you leave that they can add charges after you leave for a variety of reasons.

Room Tip: Hateful, rude, confrontational, and charge fees after you leave once they have your credit card numb...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bgsh62
Nate P, General Manager at Days Inn Renfro Valley Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

We do not put unauthorized charges on any guest credit card. We are pet friendly but we do charge reasonable pet fee to do deep cleaning after a pet stays in any room. We never said to the guest that we allow pet without any charges. Our policy requires that any pet need to be disclosed upon arrival at check in and necessary fees must be paid at check in. There is a disclaimer to that effect on the registration signed by the guest. Also, if a guest does not disclose the pet nor pay the fees, the note on the registration also says that we can charge upto $150 for such failure. The guest chose to sneak in the pet into the room without disclosing at the check in. We could have charged $150 for such instance but we charged only $20 normal pet fee which he should have paid at check in. Once again we do not put unauthorized charges on any guest credit card.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel has great wireless high speed internet. I stayed at the last room all the way on the end and expected the wireless to not be very good. I was pleasantly suprised how fast the wireless was. The front desk service was good and the bed comfortable. It is not a five star hotel. It is an economy hotel. The clean lady was not very friendly or polite.

Room Tip: Great wireless internet, but a low price hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

we stopped on ourway back homefrom WI to SC. i have hadsevenback surgeries and the mattress was fantastic..slept better than i do at home and we traveled over 13 hours from WI. so I was extremley sore. the pillows were a variety and i found one that suited me perfectly. the only issue I had was with the early morning desk clerk...she was on the phone while we checked out and nevergot off the phone..this was at six am. the breakfast left alot to be desired

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank mnkmits
Reviewed July 2, 2012

You cannot walk to Renfro Valley entertainment from this location, unless you want to walk through Arby's parking lot, climb a fence and walk at least 1/2 mile down a road that does not have a sidewalk and has not lighting. I was actually told by a staff member "I don't recomment you walk to Renfro Valley at night".

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel was picked from necessity, not choice. We were visiting Renfro Valley, and the other motels in the area were completely full. I was a little concerned as to why this one still had availability, but it turned out to be okay. It was nothing special; just a typical Days Inn. It could use a little TLC and updating, but it was extremely clean (kudos to the housekeeping staff). Since my 3 criteria in looking for a hotel are: cleanliness, location and price (in that order), this one was fine…not great, but fine. The water in the sink and shower seemed to have some sort of an odor, but we used it in the coffee pot and it did not taste strange. We are three couples traveling together. One couple had to use their shoulders to force their door open; it was apparently warped. The same couple had no success in getting a working coffee pot, despite repeated attempts. Apparently, the coffee pot did not fit the maker and the hotel was out of the proper size of coffee pot. The clerk on duty at one point seemed very annoyed that he was interrupted while he was eating lunch, and finally found them a coffee pot that fit. Unfortunately, it was cracked, broken, and chipped. We never ate the breakfast buffet; when we checked it each day, there seemed to be more people than food. Luckily, there is a Denny's right across the parking lot. The staff was not overly helpful, but seemed to want to pass the buck on complaints. Those were minor annoyances, however. All in all, I would stay again, but I would probably try another place if there was availability.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2012

First, I reserve a ranking of 5 to luxury hotels, so my score is based on an economy hotel high of 4. I wanted a 3-star or above hotel and was willing to pay more than other local hotels for it, but didn't get it. The staff is pleasant, the bed mattreses brand new (our stay Dec. 2011), and the rooms fairly clean - those are the only pluses. The breakfast "buffet" was minimal (really just toaster waffles, muffins, etc., nothing special) and we had to keep asking for items to be restocked. Each time we asked for something, that's all we got - the buffet was never reviewed to see what else needed refreshing, leading to multiple asks. The cream cheese was frozen! Although pet friendly in general, there was NO place to curb a dog, except for the Denny's next door and a one-foot wide path up against the fence!! The air/heat unit blew the curtains up from the window in my parent's room. Except for the Denny's (slow service) and fast food, all the other restaurants in the area seemed to close early. Would not stay again for the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 10 in Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Boone Tavern Hotel
#1 of 10 in Berea

Been to Days Inn Renfro Valley Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!