“wow...what a great place will definetly be back”

Days Inn Renfro Valley Mount Vernon
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Mr.Spencer the desk clerk and I talked for 45 minutes he was very knowledgeable and pleasent....very helpfull....The room was neat and clean and comfortable..we will be back. cant wait to see spencer again

Room Tip: ask for spencer
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank revmarklevel

Reviewed May 24, 2011

This motel provide terrific value for the price, excellent, friendly service, clean rooms, tidy
surroundings
P and E

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peterjohnKitchener
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I stay in this Days Inn every Sunday and Monday nights as I work in the local Mt. Vernon, Kentucky community hospital. The rooms are very clean and the continental breakfast adequate. I always present a Kentucky Hotel Travel Coupon to the desk clerk upon arrival Sunday evening. These are found at all of the Kentucky rest areas and most local businesses. The coupon provides a room rate of $34.95. Unfortunately, the management no longer provides that same rate for more than one night's stay. Since staying at this Days Inn I have been charged 3 different rates for the same nights of the week I lodge there. I believe there may be some confusion between the different desk clerks who work different days and shifts as to the appropriate rate to be charged. I have submitted two e-mails to Mr. Nate Patel, general manager, concerning this matter, but I have not received any reply from him.
I do know the other local motels honor the travel coupon nightly rate for as many nights lodging desired, but their rates are considerably higher than Days Inn. I hope this issue can be resolved as the motel is convenient to my work and has always been pleasant to stay in..
Anthony G. Smith

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AnthonyGSmith
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I arrived at this Motel on my way South. I did not have reservations and just needed a room for overnight. I was put in a King Room on the end of the building. There was no one in the room nextdoor so it was quiet. I would for sure stay here again. Right next door to Denny's and Arby's which was nice for a dinner in the evening and breakfest the next morning. The Motel did have a Continental Breakfast in the Lobby.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I was so very impressed with my stay. From "check in" to "check out" everything was wonderful. The Clerks are efficient, knowledgeable and curteous. The office and breakfast areas are well maintained. The rooms are extremely clean and well stocked. It was cold when we arrived and the housekeeper beat us to our room to turn the heat up for our comfort. The cable television had numerous channels of interest. The beds were phenominal! They are new serta pillow top. I want one at home. The continental breakfast was just right for us because we were headed to have a rather large lunch with our family. Everything was wonderful and I highly recommend the hotel. It was also located in a great location just of I-75 and about 1/4 mile from the historic Renfro Valley. Definitely worth the money too!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This was a great place to stay for the price. We stayed here on aour way to and from our destination. We make this trip yearly and will plan on staying here again nest year.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We were visiting family nearby & decided to stay at this Days Inn since it was the nearest to my family & it advertises as Pet-Friendly. (We have two small dogs 13lb & 16lb.) We attempted to make the reservation on line, but it did not give you a place to add that you were traveling with pets. So, we called. The guy answering the phone was very helpful. The online price had been $64.99. When we called & said there were dogs, he said their would be a fee for the dogs & quoted a price of $74.99. This seemed reasonable, so we booked with our credit card to hold the room. When we arrived at the hotel (3pm), we checked in. We wanted to pay cash for the room, so we wanted to clear up the bill that night. The girl said she had already counted down her drawer so she couldn't take cash and the other guy working the next shift hadn't started yet. We went back & forth for a little bit, then the guy (manager, I assume) said to just do it. Then she told the amount. The total was $113.73. What? Well, they said the room was $74.99 & the fee for the dogs was $30. We argued that no one ever told us that. They were firm that this is standard. We were highly upset & had to be at our relatives at 4pm, so we didn't have time to argue it. The next morning I was in the breakfast area & over-heard a woman at the check out counter. She was arguing that no one ever told her there would be this much of a charge for her pets & she had previously asked. The woman now working was very polite & told her that was standard. When we turned in our keys we questioned the price again & the woman at the desk said we should have only been charged $10 for the pets. This made sense to us since that is the quote we were given over the phone. She said there was nothing she could do about it. We left our phone # for the manager to call. He did. He only called to argue how right they were to charge us, even adding that since our dogs weighed more than ten pounds they should have charged us more. They wouldn't refund anything. If we had put it on our credit card we would have challenged it with the credit card company. Lesson learned. Make sure you get all quotes in writing ahead of time. Oh, and....the room was dirty & the blow dryer & safe (which we were charged a fee of $1.06 did not work. Run away, far away!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 10 in Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Boone Tavern Hotel
#1 of 10 in Berea

Been to Days Inn Renfro Valley Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!