“Horrible Hotel.”
Review of Kastle Inn Motel

Kastle Inn Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed November 11, 2008

I am amazed that this place has the reviews it has. When I was here I paid fifty dollars and when I got to the room the beds and towels were wet, the shower had some type of white gel all over the shower, and the heater didn't work at all. When I asked for my money back they said too bad and refused to pay me back. Again I am amazed that they got these good reviews but I must have went there when one of the bad workers were there.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank scorpion85999
There are newer reviews for Kastle Inn Motel

Reviewed October 28, 2008

My wife and I, are from England. For our 50th wedding anniversery we drove across America from LA to New York. The Kastle Inn was one of the best 'value for money' motels we stayed in. It was clean and the manager was one of the most helpful and considerate persons we met, within the lodging industry. It is a 'no frills' deal, but cheap and clean. The only downside was that there was no wireless internet service for the whole of the hotel. When I said that I really would like a room with internet connection the manager changed our room to one that could access the wireless service. I cannot speak highly enough of the gentleman. I recommend it!

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank anthont_8
Reviewed July 17, 2006

Great PRICE !! If your planning to visit Renfro Valley (3 miles north) this is the PERFECT stay. Clean rooms, nice restaraunt on site with buffet, full menu, huge selection of snacks and candy at counter, super clean pool, lounge chairs, umbrealla tables. Wonderful staff !!!!
Highly reccomend !!

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank VetteKween
Reviewed August 23, 2004

My family and I enjoyed our week in the Mount Vernon and Renfro Valley region in Kentucky. The area has small town charm and is quietly nestled in the hills on the outskirts of the Daniel Boone National Forest.
There are attractions in nearby (approx. 3 mi.) Renfro Valley that include the Renfro Valley entertainment complex, the Kentucky Country Music Hall of Fame, and the Bittersweet Cabin Mueum.

This is a great place to go if you are interested in Appalachian history as I found out on my trip. My primary reason for going to Mount Vernon was for geneaology but I found much more to do.

I would also recommend the Kastle Inn Motel. Though not luxurious by any means it is quiet and the adjoining restaurant was one of the most affordable I have been to in years! Also, being situated right at the exit off of I-75 made it easy to get around in the area.

7  Thank Jason G