Kastle Inn Motel
Kastle Inn Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

The carpets were full of dead bugs and there were at least 30 cockroaches behind the tv. And even more in the bathroom. We went in the winter the hill was, we almost wrecked into truck. When we walked into the room we noticed that there was a foul smell, we lifted up the sheets and there was urine all over the bed. I feared for my childrens health. DO NOT STAY HERE, EVER!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank kiss201

Reviewed April 20, 2012

was very reasonable priced. a good place to spend the night. close to renfro valley where we go to shows a lot

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henry B
Reviewed November 28, 2011

On October 22, we had a show to do at Renfro Valley (Barndance), and, as was the case last year also, we called directly to the Kastle Inn to make our reservations for two nights. We have found the Kastle Inn to be extremely clean, comfortable, and management goes all out to see that our stay "feels like home". The motel is very close to Renfro Valley, and I must add that the Mexican Restaurant next door is one of the best places to dine in Mt. Vernon. I highly recommend Kastle Inn!

Room Tip: I would advise calling the motel directly and speaking with the management to tell them exactly what...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank katheebs
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was not sure what to expect as some of the prior comments were less than favorable. WhaI I found was a well maintained premises with a beautiful view. I certainly found no problems of consequence. The rooms were clean, decently furnished and the beds comfotrable. While the building has some age, it is a well built structure. The cost was better than that of other similar facilities in the area. While I was disappointed that the swimming pool was no longer operational, this was no big issue. The only issue was that I personally do not care for the odor of Indian food and this was obvious in the registration office. Since I spent little time in the office, this was of no great concern. I have no reservations about returning the next time I am in the area. My Cocker Spaniel also liked the place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveladventureman
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We needed a place off I-75 to sleep for the night near Lexington. All of the name-brand hotels had inflated their rates in anticipation of the World Equestrian Games, so we opted for the Kastle Inn. Our first mistake was following the directions on the hotel website. We got SO lost on the back roads of Kentucky! The reservation confirmation sheet had no phone number for the hotel, so after finding a phone number I called the hotel and spoke with a woman for whom English is her second language. She couldn't give me directions, so she passed the phone to her husband, who hung up on me (accidentally). After calling back, he told me that the directions on the website were very wrong - not even the right exit off I-75! After finally finding the hotel, we checked into our room, which had a thick coat of dust on all the furniture. The carpet looked clean and new, but the rest was shaky. The bed didn't appear to be comfortable, but it really wasn't bad. The ice machine was broken - they handed us a half-full bag of ice. I would never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laurie56
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We have stayed in this Inn for 2 years and have found the rooms have been upgraded from previous years and are very clean with new drapes and carpeting very clean and the rooms are very bright and homey. The owners are very friendly and helpful are very nice family run business. We would recommend anyone travelling to Renfro Valley area to stay with them, I am sure you would not be dissappointed. We look forward to spending time with them again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank farmgirl5409
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Stinks to high heaven, And will not go back!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family