“Don't stay here!”

Ramada Limited Mount Sterling
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Sterling
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We were tired after a long day of travelling from Myrtle Beach, SC. Our 1st choice was the hotel next door to this one but they were booked. At check in- guy was rude. He made it seem like he was doing us a favor checking us in. The hotel is very outdated and smelled of smoke. Got to our room on the 2nd floor and it was also outdated but at 11 pm we just wanted to sleep and get on our way. As we pulled the covers down in our bed we noticed a clump of black hair on one of the pillows. The front desk said that wasn't his problem. I checked the rest of the pillows and sheets and they seemed ok. The bed was very hard- I would've slept better in my car. Breakfast was not good. They had biscuits and gravy, hardboiled eggs floating in water and some stale pastries. We had orange juice and yogurt. We didn't want to try anything else as it didn't look clean. The breakfast area was dirty and the girl at checkout was also very rude. Stay somewhere else and save your $$$.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 3, 2010

When I called the hotel specifically I was told by the clerk named Ashley that they had Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast and she guaranteed me they would so I continued with reservation, upon arriving I saw the sign on the counter at front desk they accept no cashwith in a 50 mile radius and then was told they charge a $25 fee also, upon checking the room after checking out but you may or may not get it back if anything is wrong or missing. OK ! So what if you don't have another $25. Anyways when I got to room I pulled back the bed and their were a bunch of black hair in sheets and I went down to desk they told me the room was clean. Didn't do anything to help that. The room absolutely stunk and I went again to get something to help the smell, didn't help. So i slept in my clothes on top of the bed. So when I awoke I went for breakfast and NO GRAVY NOR BISCUITS I asked why the night clerk Allen told me that they only served that when they had 40 or more guests. They had a few rotten banana's stale doughnuts and old bread for toast but they did have 6 eggs on a plate and their juices and milk. So when I checked out I asked for manager's name and the owner and they had her to call me and when I spoke to her she of course said to me the served waffles well that was ok but what about the dirty bed and the stinch she said to me wasn't my problem.Anything Else. I asked for the owners Name and Phone # She said she didn't have it. Sure she didn't. I found out Later His Name Is Jim Booth. But still no Phone Number.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank deceiving
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I will never stay at another Ramada again thanks to this truly awful experience. Upon arriving, we found the water fountain in the lobby was "out of order". The sign on the door leading into the indoor pool said "out of order". The elevator smelled of stale smoke. We got to the room and found the second bathroom sink would not drain. The rug next to the air conditioning unit was soaking wet. We went to make coffee in the coffee pot in the room in the morning and found water sitting in the reservoir with pink fuzzies growing in it. The clock-radio (which I reset before going to bed) was not working. After a bad night's "sleep", the clock said 6:30 so I got up, dressed, and went down to get some breakfast and looked at my watch and it was 2:45!!! (The birds were also singing at this hour which really confused me). We went to bed at 10:00 and at 2:00 (according to "the clock") someone checked in and took the room above ours. This person was up for the next hour walking back and forth across his room and we could hear every footstep he took. Creaking floor boards - he sounded like he was going to fall on top of us. Fortunately, at some point he did go to bed! The breakfast consisted of a couple of hard boiled eggs floating in a bowl of water, 2 oranges in the fruit bowl, and some stale looking donuts. DO NOT STAY AT THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A MOTEL!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada for one night. We were in Mt. Sterling for a birthday party. Check-in went well. The building was clean and neat. Even though we saw the indoor swimming pool area, we did not have time to use the pool. When we entered the elevator, I noticed cracked tiles on the floor of the elevator.

The hallways were neat and clean. We found our non-smoking room to be pleasant. There were 4 pillows on each bed. The bed was very comfortable. We had a lovely view from our window of a pond with a fountain. There were Canadian geese near the pond.

When we looked for an ice machine, we found that they were only located on the 1st and 3rd floors. We were on the 2nd floor. There were plenty of towels and wash clothes. Shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion was available. There were two sink areas, one inside the toilet area and one outside the toilet area that made it easier for two people to get ready. I didn't like the paper cups that were to be used for coffee and drinks. A coffee maker was located in the room.

The hotel was quiet and we got a good night's sleep.

The breakfast wasn't deluxe as advertised, but it was good. Breakfast consisted of muffins, donut holes, bread, bagels, cereal, milk, juice and coffee. At 7:15 a.m. a worker began to make waffles for guests. There was a television in the breakfast area.

Overall, the stay was pleasant, andwe plan to stay there again if we visit Mt. Sterling again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here en route to do some hiking in Daniel Boone National Forest. We arrived, checked in, set our portable crib for our son, then took showers. When we got ready for bed, we peeled back the sheets and they were wrinkled, and had plenty of black curly hairs. We called the desk, they gave us the room next door and supposedly wrote up a report, which could not be found later when I called the manager. The sheets in the second room had thankfully been changed, and other than a couple of patched holes in the walls, was in good repair; or so I thought. In the morning I laid down a towel to do some daily exercises, and I looked over, and there were pills under the bed on my left, and a book of matches on the right under the air conditioner. No big deal if it were just myself and my fiancee, but those pills would have been lethal to my six month old if I had been senseless enough to put him on the floor. The matches, had we have had our six year old with us, could have been a whole other issue entirely. I called 5 times over the next 3 weeks and finally talked to the manager, who offered a $20 rate cut off of our bill. What a joke. I recommend not even looking in the same direction of this hotel as you pass by it to one of the many others in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2008

A large group of us booked several (over 10) rooms for the weekend and were treated rudely from the first phone call. Upon check in we were again treated poorly then several of our rooms smelled musty and damp. The non smoking rooms still smelled of stale cigarettes. Several individuals had allergy problems after one night in this hotel so we moved to another hotel after the first horrible night. The breakfast was mediocre at best. Upon check out, we were treated rudely AGAIN, this time by one of the managers. We loved the other hotel and are steering clear of Ramada in the future.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Wonderful hotel to stay in. We have two young special needs children - stayed here 2 nights. The kids loved the pool and the rooms were clean and nice. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Winchester
#1 of 6 in Winchester
Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester

Been to Ramada Limited Mount Sterling? Share your experiences!