“Well Pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Sterling
New Vienna
“Well Pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a trip that took us to this hotel
in Kentucky. We are well pleased. We stayed on the third floor.
For just a few dollars extra, you are able to get a fridge and micro-
wave, which upgrades to an 'efficiency unit'. Well worth it. Third
floor is all non-smoking. Lower levels are not.
Breakfast was very good. Hotel clerks effiecient and friendly.
We were able to get a nice discount through AARP, which
made the cost more affordable. Definitely would stay there
again!

Room Tip: Third floor is all non-smoking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Casey C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Mount Sterling, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Karen L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know that you could have chosen anywhere, but you chose us. Thank you for that. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nortonville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

It was the weekend of the big Georgia Bulldog/Kentucky Wildcat game and over 70 hotels in the Lexington area were booked. We had to find a hotel outside our target area due to the game. Our family does not like staying in hotels with double beds because we can't get comfortable -- we normally look for queens. Additionally, my husband will not stay in a smoking room. These two things made my search even harder. Scrolling online, I finally found this hotel listing a king room that would sleep 5 using a sofa bed. I am a Wyndham Rewards member so I moved to the Wyndham site, confirmed the details there and booked the room. However, when I got to the hotel, I was told that the internet site was wrong and that I would either have to go to a room with double beds or pay an upcharge for a room with the sofa couch. I started to walk out knowing that I wouldn't get another acceptable room. At that, the clerk made a phone call and gave me an upgraded room with the couch for the price I had initially been quoted online. She said that they had trouble with that before. When we got to the room that couch was a twin -- not a double. It ended up the girls and I slept on the King size bed and my husband slept on the twin. Not great, but no real complaints other than the Wyndham site needs to be corrected. However, breakfast was not good. The boiled eggs had spoiled. Everything seemed thrown together and obligatory not truly providing a service. Our rooms was in good repair but a little dated. The pool/jacuzzi area definitely needs a remodel. There were not enough towels -- the hotel had run out. It was very quiet in the hotel. Bottom line... I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again but it wasn't too terrible considering it was a sellout weekend.

Room Tip: The third floor is for adults only.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Casey C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Mount Sterling, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Ginny39617,

I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than great. That weekend was very busy, and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I just went on the Wyndham site and can't seem to find the problem. We have several different room types and the only one listed as having a pull out sofa is the King Efficiency rooms listed at $86 plus tax with our standard rooms (without pullouts or frig/mics) listed at $79.99 plus tax.
On a positive note, I am working on ordering all new bedding and drapery for the hotel. We should be updated in these areas within the next month or so.
I truly hope you will give us a chance to serve you again. Feel free to contact me directly at 859-497-9400.
ELKMONT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed at Ramada in the past. The location was why we choose this location.Upon arrival they only had one cart for us to use to carry our luggage up. We were told that was all that was required fro this size hotel.The linens in our room were dirty and stained.I called for clean linens and was told at first that was all they had. I stated this was not exceptable.I was then brought up a comfortable back from 1970.polyester ,purple flowers.The blanket on the bed had cigarette burns in our non-smoking room. No towels in the bathroom.There was a letter on the desk explaining that all linens were invetoried and towels were $10.00 each.I asked that they come up and do an invetory so as I did not get billed for towels.The shower curtain was cut in multiple places.Last but not least the noise level on te third floor was unreal.Several different customers called the front desk after midnight to ask for somone to come up and address this. We all compared notes the next am when we were checking out. Also we had to carry all of our belongings down because of the cart problem again.Also the windows opened to the outside ,no screens.I feel safety issue. I really thank you for the survey.I was also dissappointed the price since I went through Priceline.The price went from $79.00 to $150.. for the days we stayed. I do understand this ws a busy weekend for this town.In closing I was disappointed with my experience.We have made this weekend a yearly experience and I will try elsewhere next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travelers are raving about these Mount Sterling hotels

Maysville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed in August for 3 days. The rooms were very clean. Staff was very friendly & courteous. We will be staying again soon. The breakfast was nice & upon entering the breakfast area the hostess immediately ask each morning if she could make us waffels. We were there having treatments at the local cancer center & each day when we returned the young lady who originally checked us in would ask how my mom was doing. She was so kind.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Casey C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Mount Sterling, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Vicki S,

I am very happy to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that this finds your mother doing well. From everyone here, Thank You for choosing us and for your kind words. If I can be of any assistance to you, feel free to contact me at 859-497-9400.
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here in May, staff was great except for the morning hostess in the breakfest nook, she seemed like she had better things to do, not much on breakfest any ways so me getting coffee was easy and fast.. my wife did make mention of her too. No excuse when you deal with the public, I know I deal with the public all day long.. room was clean, bathroom had plenty of towels. anyways getting off track.. Hey Todd, do your home work when you book a reservation.. dont take it for granted every room has a frig. I almost did'nt book here cause of your lame review. Thank heavens for the other kind reviews. I plan to rebook here again in Aug, as a matter of fact. I know they have to post 1 bad one, but come on dont use Todds...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Casey C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Mount Sterling, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Kennith,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us despite the fact that we have had some negative reviews in the past. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you in August when you return to the area. I do apologize if any of my employees were anything but helpful to you and your wife. Since May, I have had some changes in my staffing, including the breakfast hostess position. I am positive that your breakfast experience will be much better next time. Again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again. If you need anything, feel free to contact me directly at 859-497-9400.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked several rooms for family and friends coming into town for my daughter's wedding. The hotel staff, particularly Rachael, could not have been more friendly and helpful! They worked with us so that we could plan a special surprise for the bride that was absolutely wonderful! No matter what we requested, they were very quick to respond and accomodate all requests. The friendliness of the staff and the comfort of the rooms made our stay a very enjoyable experience. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area! And a big "thank you" to all the staff at Ramada!

Sharon F.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon F
, General Manager at Ramada Limited Mount Sterling, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
It is so exciting to hear feedback from guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. From all of us here at the Ramada, we want to thank you for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Sterling
Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Morehead

Been to Ramada Limited Mount Sterling? Share your experiences!