“Unbelievable waste of money for this meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Terry & Kathy's On Main - CLOSED

Terry & Kathy's On Main
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Unbelievable waste of money for this meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Based on the good ratings from previous diners to this restaurant, my family of four came here for dinner last night. The food was a huge disappointment. Very over priced for the small portions. The menu indicated my fried chicken dinner would include four pieces of chicken plus two sides for 14.95. When my plate finally arrived (wait was over 45 minutes), it held three pieces of chicken, five asparagus stalks, and one half of a overly microwaved twice baked potato. I asked our waitress, if I was supposed to have an extra piece of chicken and she told me, "No, we used to serve four pieces but that was frozen chicken. You're better off now with fresh." Huh?
The chicken was overcooked and dried out.
I could go on about the other meals we ordered-2 five oz. grilled chicken with a side salad and four aspargus stalks for 14.95 (there was no way the portion of chicken served matched the amount listed on the menu), the Big Brown, which arrived served in a bowl, swimming in cheese and grease. My son searched for the slice of bread on the bottom. My husband's crispy catfish sandwich did match the menu description, which was the highlight of the meal.

The waitress was friendly, apologized a couple of times for the long wait. She never came to ask about our meals, only brought over our bill, which was $59 for the 4 meals and 1 iced tea. The noise level was very loud, hard to hold a conversation at our table.

This is the first time I have ever felt strongly enough to write a review of a dining experience. Very hard to see how this place makes it.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank eatsoutagain

Eldersburg, Maryland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stopped on our way back to Maryland. My wife had read about getting a "hot brown" while in Kentucky so I googled it and Terry and Kathy's came up. We were not disapointed at all, the hot brown sandwich was awesome as was the service.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank jodimacbeth
McKinney, Texas
“Great Surpise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

After spending all day driving and tired of fast food, checked Trip Advisor and a recommendation from the hotel staff. We had an excellent dinner at this downtown eatery . Everything from burgers to great seafood. We loved it and service was super.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hcrtex
SW Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good small town restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here while on a business trip. Many homemade items on the menu. Had the crab cake sandwich with ribbon chips. Pretty good. Every small town should have a restaurant like this

mt. sterling, ky
“Food is very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We love their fried fish or shrimp. Their prices are more than the average restaurant here in Mount sterling. The quality of food is better- you get what you pay for.

Visited August 2012