“Great place to stay the night!”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mount Sterling
Iowa
“Great place to stay the night!”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We were traveling and needed a place to stay one night. Came upon this hotel and it had great reviews. The reviews were true and it's a nice hotel. We didn't use the pool, but our room was very nice, large bathroom. Everything clean. Would definitely stay again if we were traveling through.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pikeville, Ky
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times for both business and pleasure...no complaints whatsoever...you get what you pay for...there are cheaper hotels in Mt. Sterling and I have regretably tried them...for a few dollars more I will definitely choose Fairfield Inn from now on.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I had stayed at this hotel December of last year and just had an average Marriott experience that I had come to expect. Tthis year as I was traveling through Mt. Sterling again, I had a GREAT stay that far exceeds Marriott standards. Firist, when I checked in the General Manager was checking guests in, yes, the General Manager. Very very nice young man that made checking in seem effortless. I was asking the GM about the hotel and he told me that he took over this hotel in June and that him and his staff have worked very hard to make dramatic improvements to the hotel and boy does it show! Big congrats to Marriott for hiring this guy but good luck trying keeping him at a small hotel. My room was perfect. Extremely clean. The breakfast had your normal continental breakfast food but what made this breakfast different from others was the breakfast lady. She made my waffle for me and kept refilling my coffee cup. That is something you don't find at a hotel that serves a contiental breakfast anywhere! One thing that completely stuck out in this hotel was how organized everything was. I look forward to many more stays at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
winchester
Reviewed July 26, 2008

The Fairfield was a great place for a stay. The checking in and out was quick and efficent and the staff were all very helful and friendly. We rented a king jacuzzi room. It was very clean and very nice! It came with a micr. and fridge1 The grounds are well kept and very lovely! The indoor pool was warm w/o being hot. The hot tub by the pool was nice but all the jets didnt work. That was the only down side to the hotel. The continental breakfast was very full of people so i would recommend going early. But the staff kept the food replinished and full. FYI this is a none smoking hotel but has a nice place outside.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — The jets in Hot Tub!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Reviewed July 8, 2008

If you are only planning on staying in your room this hotel could be a could choice. There was either mold or dead bugs on the wall toward the ceiling in our bathroom, room 109. The pool is very small and probably not a good reason to stay there. There is a large sign by the pool that only five people may occupy it at one time. The hot tub looked like it was either dirty or badly painted. I was not sure. There were only four chairs in the pool area, so as for our visit, all the seats were taken by one family. I would only return if I was alone with no plans of visiting the pool. While I did not have a horrible experience, there are better places to stay in Lexington, Ky.

• Liked — the bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — pool area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mount Sterling hotels

KY
Reviewed October 23, 2007

My stay at this hotel was excellent!

Highlights:
- Check-in was flawless
- The room was very clean
- Breakfast included muffins of all sorts, 4 cereals, 2 juices, instant oatmeal & grits, refrigerated fare (biscuit sandwiches, fruit cups), apples & bananas
- The breakfast attendents are very friendly and attentive
- Free newspaper
- Helpful staff
- Large TV

Lowlights:
- The pool was closed for the whole week for maintainence
- No microfridge in every room
- Number of TV channels was limited (approx +/-30)

Overall:

Great stay and I will stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Pool closed
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BSpeaker
Midlothian,VA
Reviewed July 10, 2007

The first problem came upon check in. I had requested a refrigerator to keep medicine in. The front desk staff had no record of my request . Their attitude was that it would be a big imposition to "track down a maintenance man and find a refrigerator". I improvised with a bag of ice in my cooler. Then we found hairs in the blankets and on the towels. I didn't bother calling down, just threw them on the floor. The furniture was shabby and battle-scarred. Someone in the room overhead stomped their feet and seemed to run (must have been a child) until after 10PM. Again, the front desk was indifferent. Breakfast was a BIG disappointment, cold hard bagels, cereal, etc. It was hardly worth the $55 I paid for the night. I learned my lesson and will stay at a Hampton Inn next time!

• Liked — Location on I-64
  • Disliked — Poor breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Morehead
Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!