“Pleasantly suprised!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morganfield
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
“Pleasantly suprised!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here this past weekend for three nights. We were in KY for the Kentucky Bike Rally at Sturgis. I was fearful of what this place would be like, but was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, and they had the air cranked up so that the room was nice & cold when we arrived. The room did not have a coffee maker or a hair dryer, so we went to the local Wal-Mart and bought those. I would recommend Hometown Inn to anyone needing to stay in Morganfield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
West End, North Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Family has stayed here before and said it was OK. New owners and is has gone down hill. First night toilet overflowed. Staff gave us some towels and a plunger to clean it up our selves. Next day they came in an cleaned up real well. Could smell the choline. Carpets are old and worn. They phone was disgusting. There was gunk all over the buttons and handle was sticky. TV only worked when it wanted to. first morning talked to staff and they said they would take care of it. Nothing changed. Visiting family that smoke and I cannot be around smoke so stayed here. Next visit I will have to stay in next town 25 miles away just to find a decent place to stay. If I was here with a bunch of hunters/fishermen that did not care then this would be acceptable. But not for some place to stay visiting family. Will not do this again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Until they clean up and fix up this place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank grappa92
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is a fair hotel. Red Roof hotels are nicer. I expexted a clean room,and that's what I got. The bed was old but not lumpy. The curtains don't close enough for privacy. There was a tooth pick in the curtains to close them. The a/c cuts in and out all night. Even though I had the fan on setting. It has an outside door. At 10:00 pm someone pounded on my door. I looked outside and they were not there. No coffee,no cupcakes,no cantelope. No continental breakfast. There is a Mc Donalds in town. There is a Long John Silvers across the street.

Room Tip: No pool no restaraunt. Ask for the location down the street closer to Walmart.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gopaulz
Batesville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Room was nasty the lady at front was rude the charged me $13.00 in taxes that made the rate $71.20 for A room that was junk. do not never stay thier.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank JessieSmith S

Travelers are raving about these Morganfield hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I did not have super high expectations because it is just a motel, but the place was disgusting! The sheets and towels had a dingy brown tint to them. There was dried urine all over the back of the bathroom door and the wall behind the door. The place was just overall nasty!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Mai E
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Nice rooms at an affordable and reasonable rate. Room was clean, everything worked and amenities were in place, not to mention the staff was very polite. Nice hometown people who aim to raise the bar.

Room Tip: A/C worked very well on the 2nd floor. Quiet atmosphere.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Don G
Connersville, IN
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I went to The Gathering of the Juggalos. This place was the first hotel I could find. A little middle eastern foreigner greeted me and I had to ask the price like 10 times because I couldnt understand him. This was at like 6am and I figured I was paying a like $64 day rate to sleep during the day. Boy, was I wrong. I hadnt really slept during The Gathering at all, so I was EXTREMELY tired. So I got the room, took a shower to wash off all the faygo, and fell asleep. Like 5ish hours of sleep later, at around 11:30, I awoke to the sound of the foreigner beating down the door. Like literally, it sounded like he was trying to kick it down. Then he started yelling at me, and I could only make out half of what he was saying. I caught: "why you no asnwer da phone!? why you no answer da door!? checkout was eleven!" So Im standing there, in my glasses and extreme bed-head hair looking like an idiot in front of this small crowd of people who had surrounded to watch. I said "I paid $64 at 6am, aren't I paying for the day?" "No, that's only if you pay at 7am." Well, screw that place. I drove 8 hours home, tired and unrested, almost falling asleep at the wheel, all because that place and their cheap labor foreigners have a stupid paying policy.

A Warning to all Juggalos: DO NOT STAY AT THE HOMETOWN INN.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
9 Thank CodyakKillionaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganfield
Sleep Inn
#5 of 6 in Henderson
Mount Vernon Inn
Mount Vernon Inn
#2 of 2 in Mount Vernon

Been to Hometown Inn? Share your experiences!