“Has gone downhill.”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Morehead
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
“Has gone downhill.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel numerous times. When we checked in, there was a sign that the pool was closed. I had planned to exercise in the pool and figured since I was paying close to $90 for a room, I told the clerk that I wanted a discount. She did cut it down to $75. When I was talking to the clerk, she told me that the previous manager, Will Robinson, had left. Well, it was obvious that he is no longer there. He used to take great care of the place and the guests. When we checked into our room, I went into the bathroom and it had been used and not flushed and there was urine drops on the seat. The curtains were drawn which was surprising because typically when you check in the curtains are open so light gets into the room. I immediately called the front desk and was moved to another room which appeared to be clean. The next morning, we went down to breakfast around 7:45 am and they were out of most things. A man asked for hard boiled eggs and they didn't have any more. I was very disappointed this time because I had previously written very good reviews about this hotel. I hope thet clean it back up because I am in Morehead very often and may change to the Hampton Inn across the street. This place needs to be updated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fordja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Made arrangments online which was a mistake! Got to the motel and right off the bat there was a sign that said pool closed! Girls behind counter said the health department had closed it but offered no reason. Got up to the room and then the party began 1st thing was no hot water, water pressure was low, Tv was maybe a 15" portable if that big!! Then what happens next NO ELECTRIC in the room except the bathroom and that light was so dim that you could'nt see much and when you turn on the ceiling light in the bathroom the other light went OUT! Went down stairs and told the girl at the front desk and she said we've been having all kind of trouble and that the owners had been called but played it off, So at that time I requested a refund and was leaving and went to the room to get our stuff and on the way out a young man was doing his best to catch water that was pouring out of the ceiling down stairs in the hall by the elevator. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DUMP TO NO ONE NOT EVEN A ANIMAL. The ONLY thing that was enjoyable was talking to the girls at the front desk they where trying everthing to help. The guys that own this place should be on THE WORLDS WORST BOSSES SHOW!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Morehead hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Choice Hotels' "Quality" Inns are not at all equal in the meeting of that term. This hotel - once again staffed by friendly and hard working front desk staff - left a lot to be desired. The lobby was crowded (breakfast tables right at desk); the elevator was dirty (we thought the place still under renovation which it was not).

The room was passable but there was food on the floor up and down the corridors which was still there next morning. The bath mat had holes in it; two of the bath towels had holes in them and 1 hand towel was actually gray.

No...Quality was sorely lacking. Not a "stay again" place for us sad to say.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2012

As we were travelling and hadn't had a chance to book anywhere in advance we decided to stop in Morehead and spotted this hotel. Luckily they had a vacancy and in we came. The young lad on reception was very nice and friendly and helpful. The room is big but a little neglected. The bathroom floor wasn't clean and there were no bath towels and very little toilet paper in the bathroom. I went to reception to get some towels and ice to be told that the ice-machine was broken and the towels were just out of the dryer as the machine kept cutting out and the young man on reception kept having to relight the pilot light on the machine to keep it going, which is ridiculous in a hotel! The reception area is rough and ready, when you enter the hotel you're immediately met with tables and chairs and a food area. Again, unusual. Although thankful for the bed for the night, it needs a little tlc and cleaning. Our room is non-smoking but the smell of smoke can be gotten in the air.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marion, KY
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Within the first ten minutes of being there, two of my friends kids got locked in the bathroom when the door handle fell off. A lady from the front desk comes up with a pair of scissors to get them out because they have no tools. We ended up having to call a friend from a different hotel to come get them out.
The only thing nice about the hotel was the pool. We had to take cold showers. At 1:00 in the morning our ac stopped working. I go to call the front desk and our telephone don't work. When I do talk to the front desk, they said they have to call someone the next afternoon. So I will not be back there and don't recommend it.

Carrolle Conger

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carrolle C
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were staying at this hotel for an event at the University. The hotel was sold out. When we arrived at 9:00 pm, there were 2 people in front of us waiting to check in, one employee at the desk and one in the lobby watching television. Check in took nearly 20 minutes. When we got to our room, it was ok. Not $80 ok, but ok enough that we were fairly certain no hitch hiking bugs were coming home with us. The outlet in the bathroom was hanging out, it looked like someone had gotten into a fistfight with the lampshade, the light fixture in the corner lamp was hanging at a 45 degree angle by its wires, the heater/air conditioner was merely stuck in the wall and not secured (the bolts were still in the Baggie attached to the power cord).

Regarding the pool, there were skittles on the floor when we got there Friday night, they were still there Sunday morning. When we got there Friday, the trash cans outside were overflowing, when we left Sunday, the entire area around the garbage cans was covered with garbage. Everytime we went outside, the employees were hanging out smoking. They weren't prepared for 1 guest let alone a full house. I went down to get ice and the front desk clerk was complaining about the management to the pizzadelivery guy. It was comical.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Scubamama4
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family and I are relocating and passed through here last night. This was the only hotel in the area with an open room so we pretty much had to take it. Sad. I've stayed in 3rd world countries and this hotel was worse. Hotel is incredibly filthy..Dirt/Trash and something sprayed on the wall of the elevator, trash IN the pool. I actually had to pull my daughter out of the pool which was also overfilled by about 4 inches. At one point some change of mine rolled underneath a vending machine and it was so dirty underneath that I just left it there...A number of other things which suggest that pride had in this place had long ago. Really too bad. This isn't my first Quality Inn stay but I can tell you that I have absolutely lost any trust in this brand. Choice Hotels are always fantastic but Quality Inn is not going to work out for us anymore. Please do not stay here.

Room Tip: Skip this one altogether..there is a Hampton Inn, Days Inn and Holiday Inn Express close by