“Recommend - clean, nice, and pleasant”

Hampton Inn Morehead
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Morehead
United States
“Recommend - clean, nice, and pleasant”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here for business, accompanied by my family. The hotel was very clean and there was plenty of room to sit. The beds were comfortable. Coming with family, we especially appreciated the refrigerator and microwave in the room. We did not have a chance to use the pool and exercise room, but they looked fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I arrived in early afternoon for a 10 hour stay..I was greeted by a wonderful gentleman and lady at the front desk..I requested a room on the top floor it was not a problem..pretty standard Hampton..great bed,well lit,clean..I stayed here a couple of other times and this stay was the same as then..top notch..plenty of semi parking across from hotel..all this at a great price I hope to be back in the area again to stay...I am not a regular customer here as I am many other hotels but I was made to feel welcomed as I was an old freind..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert H, Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks for the kind words spoken about our Hampton Inn Morehead during your last visit to Morehead, KY. We strive to make everyone's stay a pleasant one....filled with top notch "Hamptonality."

We hope you will visit with us in the future soon.

Robert Humphries, GM
Ohio
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Walked in only to find the greeter standing against the wall on his phone. He made sure he finished what he was doing before he greeted us. We spent time in the room and went to bed late. I pulled down the covers only to find a bunch of black hairs at the top of the sheet. Called downstairs to let them know about the issue and I get the question "do you want new sheets?" No, I just wanted you to know they were dirty before I slept on them... Really? I change my own sheets but see the mattress cover is stained with yellow spots and the mattress is even worse! Change the pillow case and the pillow was so yellow and stained up. The guy didn't care, said there was nothing he could do. The people working the front desk seem like its a chore to help you out with anything. There aren't many places to stay in Morehead but the service at Holiday Inn is much better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank momtonate
Robert H, Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am sorry you had a bad experience while staying here at the Hampton Inn Morehead. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and service, and apparently you didn't have that "Great" experience on this visit.

Please accept my humble apology....Please accept the refund on 1 night's room and tax for your inconvenience, and hopefully the next time you come to the area you will give us another shot to show you our true "Hamptonality."
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On our way from Washington DC to Albuquerque this was one of our stops and it was a great little find. Very clean and wonderful staff, everything was ready for us to check in, just showed my ID and we had our key. There was a Cracker Barrel within walking distance. Very quiet place to stay, highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert H, Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We cherish every opinion that is stated about the hotel, good or bad. We use all information given to make our hotel a better place to stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located just off I-64 this property is in a good location. Liquor store and Cracker Barrel right next to hotel. What more could you want? Beds were comfy and breakfast spectacular. Noticed alot of scuff marks on doors and scrapes and scratches on hallways. At the very least housekeeping should be scrubbing off the door marks. Have to laugh at the previous reviewer who complained about no china plates to eat off of. Guess they have never been to a Hampton Inn before.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate the kind words you have given about our hotel. We strive to make all of our guests comfortable and we also try to show our "Hamptonality" to all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This four year old property looks much older. The lobby coffee area was not clean and the trash can next to the coffee service was almost overflowing. The shower door track was moldy. We reported this to the desk on checkout and were told the maintenance staff would take care of it, but is was obvious and a report from a customer should not have been necessary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert H, Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I appreciate your concerns about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Morehead. We strive to keep the trash can and coffee station clean as much as possible, but sometimes we get extremely swamped and with only running 1 breakfast attendant and 1 desk clerk, occasionally it doesn't get done quick enough. As far as the shower track having some mold, I have spoken with my housekeeping staff and told them to become more aware of the tracks. I value every one of my guests opinions, and hopefully we will see you again soon when visting the Morehead area.
Dullstroom, South Africa
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We came across this late one afternoon, checked in and were very pleasantly surprised at how well appointed, neat and clean the rooms are. We requested a back room as we're light sleepers, not thinking that a trucker would wake us in the early hours, warming up his rig in the paking lot behind the hotel. Not the hotel's fault, but something to be aware of. The big disappointment (or amusement) was breakfast the next day. After noting the great finishing touches in the hotel we had breakfast on paper plates, with plastic cutlery; juice and coffee in paper cups! It cuts costs, but personally I would rather pay a little extra and eat off china plates with metal cutlery!

Room Tip: Choose a front room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead
Best Western Eagles Inn
#5 of 7 in Morehead
Carter Caves State Resort
Carter Caves State Resort
#1 of 1 in Olive Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead? Share your experiences!