“Great Location”

Hampton Inn Morehead
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Morehead
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located just off I-64 this property is in a good location. Liquor store and Cracker Barrel right next to hotel. What more could you want? Beds were comfy and breakfast spectacular. Noticed alot of scuff marks on doors and scrapes and scratches on hallways. At the very least housekeeping should be scrubbing off the door marks. Have to laugh at the previous reviewer who complained about no china plates to eat off of. Guess they have never been to a Hampton Inn before.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert H, Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I appreciate the kind words you have given about our hotel. We strive to make all of our guests comfortable and we also try to show our "Hamptonality" to all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This four year old property looks much older. The lobby coffee area was not clean and the trash can next to the coffee service was almost overflowing. The shower door track was moldy. We reported this to the desk on checkout and were told the maintenance staff would take care of it, but is was obvious and a report from a customer should not have been necessary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert H, Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

I appreciate your concerns about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Morehead. We strive to keep the trash can and coffee station clean as much as possible, but sometimes we get extremely swamped and with only running 1 breakfast attendant and 1 desk clerk, occasionally it doesn't get done quick enough. As far as the shower track having some mold, I have spoken with my housekeeping staff and told them to become more aware of the tracks. I value every one of my guests opinions, and hopefully we will see you again soon when visting the Morehead area.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We came across this late one afternoon, checked in and were very pleasantly surprised at how well appointed, neat and clean the rooms are. We requested a back room as we're light sleepers, not thinking that a trucker would wake us in the early hours, warming up his rig in the paking lot behind the hotel. Not the hotel's fault, but something to be aware of. The big disappointment (or amusement) was breakfast the next day. After noting the great finishing touches in the hotel we had breakfast on paper plates, with plastic cutlery; juice and coffee in paper cups! It cuts costs, but personally I would rather pay a little extra and eat off china plates with metal cutlery!

Room Tip: Choose a front room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The property has undergone some recent minor improvements, most notably making part of the third floor smoke free. The air is much cleaner than in past visits. Cleaning staff needs some additional training; if your "do not disturb" sign is out when they pass by, they will not come back to your room to clean it, even if it was only 9:30 AM when they passed by. Remainder of staff, especially at the front desk, is friendly and attentive. If you can get by with either cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, then you'll be happy; otherwise, walk over to McDonalds or Cracker Barrel for a real breakfast, as the hot foods that some corporate suit selected for the Hampton chain to serve can be really bad at times, such as the infamous bagel toppers. If you like to exercise, bring a cup with you to the fitness workout room as, while they supply water, the cup dispenser is usually empty. Beds are comfy, and there's plenty of counter space in the bathroom. Rooms come with both refrigerator and microwave, which is definitely a plus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I wanted to put a few more miles in but when I saw this place I thought " What the heck " and decided to stop for the night.The place has nice " Comfy " beds and I got a good nights sleep. They are close to a cracker barrel and right off the freeway so a good location. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very cleaning and the room and lobby decor was pleasant. The free breakfast is the best "included" breakfast I have had.

They provided a rollaway bed for my toddler and were accommodating. Most hotels in this area are old and yucky. This one was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently spent 3 days in the hospital in Morehead which is 6 hours from my home. After being discharged my wife and I decided to stay the night before traveling home. We chose the Hampton Inn and could not have been more pleased. Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DAA67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead
Best Western Eagles Inn
#5 of 7 in Morehead
Carter Caves State Resort
Carter Caves State Resort
#1 of 1 in Olive Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead? Share your experiences!