“Made Life Event Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Holly Hill Inn

Holly Hill Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Midway
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fresh, seasonal ingredients from local farmers are at the heart of Chef Ouita Michel's menus at Holly Hill Inn, a fine-dining restaurant in America's Bluegrass horse country and near the Bourbon Trail.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made Life Event Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am from Pennsylvania and getting engaged in Kentucky. I wanted the place to be a surprise so I choose from a list of best place to eat in Kentucky. Expectations were high but I can say that the Holly Hill Inn exceeded expectations. The staff were wonderful. The service was excellent. The food was oustanding. The restaurant itself has a great ambiance. We were touched by the dessert plate which came with Congratulations written in chocolate around the plate. We were also given a card that was signed by all the staff working that evening. We both had a fabulous time. Renee stated it could not have been more perfect. Thank you Holly Hill Inn for pushing a big night right over the top. I could not be more appreciative!

1 Thank Rich W

Loudon, TN
“Great Lunch Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our Home Owners Association planned a weekend trip to Lexington, KY to take in several sites. The day we arrived, we had a pre-ordered lunch at Holly Hill. We were given three choices for our entrees (chicken dish, pork, or fried trout). Our salad was the same for everyone (pears with spinach, blue cheese and walnuts) and dessert was a Kentucky Bread Pudding. All the food was very tasty and the service was very attentive. The building is an old house and worth going to next time you're in the Lexington, KY area.

1 Thank SLiebbe
indiana
“on the bourbon trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Make this a stop for sure! Great food and service in a lovely old home. This is a little off the beaten path, but the food was so worth it! Not too far from Lexington and there are some other restaurants in their local chain that will be worth a visit!! Tried lunch at Wallace Station!! A beautiful drive to this lovely restaurant in Midway! Will make this a repeat!!!

“My Top Pick. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could afford to eat here every day. It's an upscale place with the most unique atmosphere and food. This is our special occasion spot. It is hidden off the normal Midway beat and a little tough to find but well worth it. I have always had to have reservations.

South Lyon, Michigan
“Return Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been on assignment for a project in the Lexington area since April. I visited Holly Hilly Inn a few weeks ago and it was wonderful (reviewed here). My wife came to spend the weekend and I thought it would be great to take her to Holly Hill Inn. We were early for our reservation but not a problem. We were warmly greeted by Molly, who welcomed me back, having remembered me from my previous visit. Don't know what your experience is, but I have found that it is rare to be remembered from visit to visit at the best of visits. The service and meal was terrific. My bride wavered as to whether to have a salad or the gazpacho and settled on salad. when the salad arrived, Molly brought a cup of gazpacho for her to try. That was a very nice touch. I hope to return before the end of my project.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Holly Hill Inn? Share your experiences!