“take a scenic ride to Midway”
Review of 815 Prime - CLOSED

815 Prime
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is a very nicely done restaurant, in quiet, laid back Midway. The menu is a simple one page sheet, and there were a couple specials. We ordered a bottle of cabernet savignon, and were brought some warm yeast rolls and butter. Salads were a la carte, and were nicely prepared. Two of our dinner party ordered steak, one had scallops, and the other the hamburger. All of our entrees were excellently presented, tasty, but some with a bit too much salt. The onion rings tasted home made, and were delicious. The steak came with lots of cremini mushrooms, and they were delicious. We shared the coconut creme pie for dessert, and it was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner. There is a bar under the restaurant, and it serves the same food as the restaurant but in an informal atmosphere. 815 Prime is worth a ride to Midway!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

The weather outside may have been rainy and windy; but, inside, 815 Prime was warm and inviting. The exposed brick wall and the comfortably spaced tables were as welcoming as was the staff. And, the food did not disappoint!

The house salad was cold and crisp, with mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, olives, onion, and garlic croutons and was dressed with a good sherry vinaigrette. For dinner, I selected the scallops a al plancha, and an excellent choice it was. The scallops were perfectly prepared and were set off nicely by the accompanying crab fried rice with peanuts, thai basil, and sweet chile sauce. Also served with the dish were "tempura of vidalia onion", which were easily the best onion rings I have ever put in my mouth! The presentation was lovely without being fussy, and the flavors of the dish had a nice balance. Dessert was an excellent slice of coconut cream pie--not overly sweet, with just the right amount of coconut. The wine list is manageable in length, and it offers a nice selection. Last, but certainly not least: The service was very good. Our waiter was knowledgeable, courteous, and gave us just the right amount of attention. The evening may not have been lovely outside, but it was darned near perfect inside!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here for the first time last week and we were highly impressed. We only visited the restaurant section although I understand there is a tavern downstairs.
The restaurant ambiance is great--the building is historic and the restaurant looks out onto the quaint view of Main Street in Midway. The wine and beer list had many choices on it. The menu was not extensive but we had no problem finding appetizing selections. We tried the spring roll for an appetizer and it was definitely big enough for two. I had scallops while my husband had the prime rib special. Presentation was nice and the food quality was excellent. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return. Cost for one appetizer, two dinners, one dessert and 4 drinks was around $90 before tip.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Girls' day out with two friends and decided to drive to Midway from Lexington, then check out the several restaurants before deciding where to lunch. We had all eaten at Quirk in the same location previously. After checking out 815 Prime's menu posted outside, we decided that the offerings, while limited, had something for all! Beautifully decorated for the holidays, this restaurant did not disappoint. Our server, one of the owners, said they changed the name when they redecorated and acquired a new chef. We arrived around 12:45 and found there were several tables open. Lucky for us, Santa made an appearance and happily posed for photos! One friend and I ordered the quiche of the day - ham, cheese, broccoli; it was delicious. Our other friend enjoyed the chicken salad sandwich, which she said was good. Two of us ordered the coconut cream pie for dessert - simply outstanding and beautifully presented. My bill amounted to around $18.25 - quiche served with a house salad and homemade ranch dressing, pie, and one glass of wine.

There appeared to be a bar area in the basement. Had the restroom/back of house area looked more presentable, I would have awarded another star!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I had the pasta of the day-- butternut squash and bacon paparadelle. Perfect blend or textures and flavors. The fall salad was unique and delicious. Super cute reataurant.