“Well Worth the Drive to Midway”
Review of 815 Prime - CLOSED

815 Prime
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
“Well Worth the Drive to Midway”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The weather outside may have been rainy and windy; but, inside, 815 Prime was warm and inviting. The exposed brick wall and the comfortably spaced tables were as welcoming as was the staff. And, the food did not disappoint!

The house salad was cold and crisp, with mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, olives, onion, and garlic croutons and was dressed with a good sherry vinaigrette. For dinner, I selected the scallops a al plancha, and an excellent choice it was. The scallops were perfectly prepared and were set off nicely by the accompanying crab fried rice with peanuts, thai basil, and sweet chile sauce. Also served with the dish were "tempura of vidalia onion", which were easily the best onion rings I have ever put in my mouth! The presentation was lovely without being fussy, and the flavors of the dish had a nice balance. Dessert was an excellent slice of coconut cream pie--not overly sweet, with just the right amount of coconut. The wine list is manageable in length, and it offers a nice selection. Last, but certainly not least: The service was very good. Our waiter was knowledgeable, courteous, and gave us just the right amount of attention. The evening may not have been lovely outside, but it was darned near perfect inside!

• Visited March 2012

KY
“Great ambiance, excellent food with large portions. Highly recommend!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here for the first time last week and we were highly impressed. We only visited the restaurant section although I understand there is a tavern downstairs.
The restaurant ambiance is great--the building is historic and the restaurant looks out onto the quaint view of Main Street in Midway. The wine and beer list had many choices on it. The menu was not extensive but we had no problem finding appetizing selections. We tried the spring roll for an appetizer and it was definitely big enough for two. I had scallops while my husband had the prime rib special. Presentation was nice and the food quality was excellent. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return. Cost for one appetizer, two dinners, one dessert and 4 drinks was around $90 before tip.

• Visited January 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great choice for lunch in Midway!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Girls' day out with two friends and decided to drive to Midway from Lexington, then check out the several restaurants before deciding where to lunch. We had all eaten at Quirk in the same location previously. After checking out 815 Prime's menu posted outside, we decided that the offerings, while limited, had something for all! Beautifully decorated for the holidays, this restaurant did not disappoint. Our server, one of the owners, said they changed the name when they redecorated and acquired a new chef. We arrived around 12:45 and found there were several tables open. Lucky for us, Santa made an appearance and happily posed for photos! One friend and I ordered the quiche of the day - ham, cheese, broccoli; it was delicious. Our other friend enjoyed the chicken salad sandwich, which she said was good. Two of us ordered the coconut cream pie for dessert - simply outstanding and beautifully presented. My bill amounted to around $18.25 - quiche served with a house salad and homemade ranch dressing, pie, and one glass of wine.

There appeared to be a bar area in the basement. Had the restroom/back of house area looked more presentable, I would have awarded another star!

• Visited December 2011
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I had the pasta of the day-- butternut squash and bacon paparadelle. Perfect blend or textures and flavors. The fall salad was unique and delicious. Super cute reataurant.

Midway, Kentucky
“Great New Place”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

While the menu is a bit small and a little odd (combinations seem a bit schizo) - everything we have had has been great. From steak tartar to the burger. I highly recommend this restaurant. We have only been twice, and had the same server both times, but he was wonderful. A welcome addition to the other great places in Midway.

• Visited August 2011