“Redemption for smoked meats!”

Mark's Feed Store Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago
“Redemption for smoked meats!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

After a horrible experience at a top rated BBQ joint in Cherokee, NC (see other review) I was a bit hesitant to try another BBQ joint on our North Carolina-Tennessee-Kentucky road trip. My husband convinced me to go to Mark's- partially because it was the only place open after 10:00 pm near our hotel and partially because he wanted BBQ. I was dubious, but went. We literally showed up and there was nobody in there and they were close to their closing time. It didn't matter, they welcomed us in and were so nice. We ordered our food to go and they served us drinks while we waited. The food was awesome! I didn't love their fries and they maybe should have put more condiments in, but we managed. The meat was cooked perfectly and our BBQ craving was finally satisfied. It was a million times better than our prior experience!

Crestwood, Kentucky
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Always get good food from this place. Great either dining in or take out. Girlfriend loves the tea, she gets it half and half.

• Visited August 2013
Burlington, Canada
“Best baby back ribs I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel recommended for BBQ, small parking lot but lots of free parking nearby, excellent service, try the baby back ribs, very meaty in a very tasty sauce, absolutely try the corn and potato salad sides, absolutely fantastic, the baked beans were also very tasty, if you feel like BBQ Marks was exceptional, they now have multiple locations in Louisville, Middleton is the original. P.S if you've never had it, get the BUTTERMILK pie , no matter how full you are, its not a huge chunk of pie but the perfect size!! Will be back!! Great meal for a fair price!!

• Visited August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Bar-B-Q About As Good AS It Gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The bar-b-q here is about as good as it gets. Decided to stop for lunch today with my grandson. I ordered the pork sandwich basket. It comes with spicy fries and slaw. The fries are really good, the slaw was really good but, the pork was really, really scrumptious. The sandwich was huge and it was all I could do to finish it. My grandson had the chicken sandwich basket and he had to ask for a togo box. They have a number of locations around town so if you are near one it is a must stop.

• Visited July 2013
Muncie, Indiana
“Good Food -Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family visited Marks Feed Store on a Friday at 7pm. The wait was 30 min.,but we got seated in about 20 min. The service was top notch, quick and Mike was very helpful in describing the menu. Good price for the large proportions.The drinks(pop) seemed to be in a half gallon glasses. I'm exaggerating, but they were fairly large, great for less refill waiting. They had a dessert, the Buttermilk Pie. I never heard of it, but it was sorta-similar to what I know as in Central Indiana as Sugar Cream Pie. It was lightly crusted on the top and creamier. I found it OK, but my daughters LOVED it. The atmosphere was similar to a Tex.Road House or Similar restaurant, and was fairly loud that Friday evening. I will definitely go back on the next visit to Louisville.

• Visited June 2013