“Better off sleeping in your car at Walmart”

Winstay Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Maysville
Ohio
“Better off sleeping in your car at Walmart”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Traveling 26 weeks a year, I have stayed in some pretty awful hotels. I really can't remember any WORSE than this one. The selection of hotels in Maysville, KY is pretty limited that's how I wound up in the Days Inn. At first glance it doesn't look too bad. It would appear to be a truckers hotel but I would advise even the truck drivers would be better off staying in their truck and saving their money. The carpets were filthy, the curtains ratty the bed did not have a fitted sheet on the mattress just a top or flat sheet that didn't cover the stained and broken down mattress. If you're in Maysville and can't find any other hotel, sleep in your car at the Walmart, this place is REALLY that bad.

Room Tip: To secure a good room, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank digger-ace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding. When we got to our room, the first thing that we noticed was that the room had a nasty odor. It smelled musty and moldy and when looking around the room, it was clear that there had been water damage to the walls and ceiling. The mold triggered my husband's asthma and he had an attack. After propping the door open to air the smell out, the next thing that we noticed is that the room was not clean. There was stuff all over the carpet and the bathroom had hair and God only knows what else in it. The next morning, we got on the elevator and there were blood smears on the floor outside of the elevator and on the elevator walls.and when we spoke to the person at the front desk, she stated that yes they were aware of the blood, yet it had not been cleaned up. There was a housekeeper standing a few feet away while we were discussing the blood who also made no effort to clean it up. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I will never stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. If I were the owner of this business, I would be ashamed to let anyone stay in one of those rooms!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn L

Travelers are raving about these Maysville hotels

Stamping Ground, Kentucky
Reviewed September 6, 2011

where should i start..my family comes to maysville every labor day weekend because they sponsor the car show for augusta heritage days...they have done this for 19 years and have stayed at this roach motel for most of those years even when it was a ramada..why keep staying?? my mother is from the old school..tries to be faithful and they offer truck parking..we have a semi truck and trailer...with that being said this year was as bad as always and probably a little worse and we as a family will not be staying there any longer...upon arrival the never friendly staff are rude to my almost 70 year old mother who this year had reserved four rooms for two nights..down from the usual 8-10 rooms because no one wants to stay there anymore. we had 136,138 which was changed to 301, 112 and 114..i received the keys for 136..well well to no surprise walked in room was filthy but it was to be expected, however after several issues and a rude desk clerk named erica i fully expected when we returned on sunday night after a long day that the room would be a little cleaner.....NOPE...didnt do a thing but make the bed....so here are a few of the many disgusting things about this room...had to pull out the night stand to plug in the light and found years worth of cigarette ashes, finger nails, m&m's..boogers on the wall..need i say more...bathroom ..hair everywhere..toilet nasty..tub filthy and rusting...1/2 roll of toilet tissue and 2 towels..probably not even clean...handprints on the doors from only lord knows how long..carpets not been vacuumed in ages..when i asked the lady at the desk to come look at the room so she could see what im talking about she told me no..she couldnt leave the desk..she did offer another room, but as experience has been they are all gross as were the other 3 we had so why bother moving my stuff for the same thing...thank god for clorox cleaning wipes which is what i cleaned the bathroom with and flip flops to shower with and because of this filthy place we always bring our own blankets...now when this lady who by the way has been there for several years knows we come there every year and is the only friendly one we have encountered tells me i can contact the manager tuesday because its doubtful she will be working the holiday i tell her obviously i will as well as contacting the BBB and wyndham..only then did she call when i got back to the room and tells me the manager offers to give 1/2 the money back for this one room for this one night...what nice gesture...lol...the lobby is a trick it is beautiful..the rest should be condemned and my family will never be back...19 years of coming to the roach motel and there will not be the 20th....Im quite sure Super 8 or Hampton can accomodate a big truck at a lot better price with a lot cleaner facility..couidnt be worse...signing off to make reservations for next year now...STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE PLACE!!!!!!! number 4 on trip advisor...wait isnt there ony 4 hotels in maysville..interesting....you should be ashamed days inn..I did take pictures of this filthy mess and will be forwarding them to the BBB as well as Wyndham and whoever else needs them

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank lisa d
Cumming, GA
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed at this Days Inn on our way to Ohio. The room was neat and clean. The bed was comfortable. The room price was reasonable.The hotel is pet friendly. The free breakfast was nothing to write home about. Nearby Tumbleweeds restaurant was a good choice for dinner or you can dine on the river downtown.

Room Tip: A pool side room is preferable.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I was very comfortable and had a great night's sleep. My room was clean, the grounds are very nice and relaxing, as was the pool and pool area. The bed was very comfortable. The staff went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed and seemed very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Very good internet access. I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Comfortable and the price is right!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kelticqueen
Renfro Valley, Kentucky
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I am a wedding Planner and decorater.I booked there and the only reason I stayed was I was too tired to leave!I had a non smoking room that reked of smoke!Bed spred was full of burns,trash can had a wod of hair from someones hair brush,the tub had hair and paper and not clean at all,the counter was very dirty. ( I wouldnt even shower in it)The sink had hair and was dirty,the microwave was dirty and dust on top .I had to use fabreeze to TRY to rid the smoke smell!!!!!!!!! DONT PUT YOUSEFF THRU A VERY GOOD PLACE TO GET A DIEASE!!!!!!!However the only thing good is no bed bugs!!!!!!!!Dont be fooled by the apperance of the lobby!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank janrose2006
Durham
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I stayed here for 4 of my 7 days that I paid for. I was working night shift and housekeeping would not stop BANGING on my door at 9 am even after tipping them and talking with the head of housekeeping. Went to managet the 4th day to find a remedy and was insulted. I asked if maybe some of the staff could come in later to accomadate all of us working nights and was shocked at the way I was treated. She would not work with me at all. Several of my staff members had been there for over a month and not had their room cleaned. I left on the 4th day of my stay after talking to the manager who was condescending and arrogant. Moved across the riveer to a smaller room, but they did let me get my sleep. FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY!!! Rooms are dirty. Put on a new pair of socks and walked across the room and they were black on the bottom. NASTY! Mold in the shower, sink area etc.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Jack W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maysville
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Maysville
Brown's Motel
Brown's Motel
#1 of 1 in Aberdeen

Been to Winstay Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!