“Worst hotel ever”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Maysville
Ancaster, Canada
“Worst hotel ever”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel back in 2007 and everything was fine.

This time, what a different story.

The room seemed clean enough, if not a little tired , when we first arrived . I did pick a large, dead beetle up off the rug and thought it strange that the bug wouldn't have been discovered by the cleaning staff earlier in the day, but shrugged it off.
The bed was comfortable enough but the next morning our in-room coffee maker leaked profusely everywhere except into the cup. When we went for breakfast we discovered a very sparse selection of breakfast foods available and the bread was extremely stale...like 4 days worth of rock hard stale and the OJ machine was empty . The lady behind the front desk seemed more interested in playing games on her cell phone than attending to the needs of the breakfast nook .
Overall, there seemed an apathetic attitude about the hotel or its guests.
Would never stay here again under current staffing/management.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
llittleton, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. regarding our hotel. I am disappointed your stay was not a happy one. The problem with the breakfast issue has been taken care of, and I do apologize for your difficulty with that issue. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel for a happy experience this time.
Once again, please accept my apologies, and have a wonderful day!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sabina, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay at this hotel about twice a month and have always had a pleasant stay. This time not 1 light bulb in our room and the 2nd shift manager was not pleasant and on PC each time we went to lobby to or pool to swim.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

llittleton, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I apologize for your inconvenience of not having light bulbs in your room, rest assured it was a mistake that was taken care of. i am sorry my desk clerk was rude to you, that problem has also been taken care of. You are my guests and I count on you to inform me of any problems you incurred during your stay so it can be corrected. I am happy you choose to stay with us when visiting here, and hope you continue to do so.
Once again, please accept my apologies. I hope you had a safe trip.
Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were looking for an affordable place to spend the night in Maysville and I won this hotel naming my own price. When I looked it up online, I saw that it had an indoor pool and hot tub so I was excited about that. When we got there, though, I realized that with no indoor hallways, we would have to go outside to go to the pool so we decided to pass on doing that.
Check in was very easy and there was plenty of parking. I noticed the traffic noise when I first went to bed but it did not keep me awake.
Like another Best Western we stayed at, the bedding was very nice and comfortable, especially the pillows. The room itself was pretty standard and nondescript - but that was fine and what I expected. They did have soap and lotion dispensers by the sink in the room, and shampoo and shower gel dispensers in the shower which was a nice touch. Very nice large TV on the wall. Breakfast was very standard and about what I expected. We had the waffles and biscuits and sausage gravy and both were fine.

Room Tip: If you want to use the indoor pool in the winter time, you might want to request a room close to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
llittleton, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I certainly hope you will come back for another visit. Your feedback is very important to us. It provides us with the information we need to make corrections if need be to keep our guests happy and satisfied. I know the traffic noise can be a problem, so the next time you visit us, just let the desk clerk know you would prefer not to be put in a room in the front of the hotel, and we will be glad to oblige your request.
Once again, I thank you very much for your business, and we are always glad to see you return.
Have a wonderful day!
Richmond, VA, USA
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stopped to spend the night on our way to Cincinnati. The bed was great. The staff we encountered on our brief stay were great. The motel is located at an intersection so it was easy to find, but there was road noise, which did not bother us at all however some people may not like this. The property is showing some age but was respectably clean. The breakfast was very adequate (I have had better but also have had a lot worse). Very good sausage gravy, but the biscuits were not Hardees (which is on the other side of the road). The pre-made scrambled egg patties and sausage patties were cold but could be heated in the microwave. There was no fresh fruit but they had juice. They had cold cereal and oatmeal was in packets to be prepared in microwave. They did have yogurt. We will stay there again if we need to stay in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The utmost service and value for my money, for the past 4 Thanksgivings we have stayed at this hotel, with the excemption of last year, 2011 the pool was closed, we have had the most wonderful stay and we are planning on staying again next November

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Higginsport, Ohio
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just you average Best Western, nothing fancy, nothing bad, will stay agin, if we need to. Priced right for the area.

Have to type 200 characters, to post thios, which is a crock of crap, but oh well.

zhnaschnjjjjjjjjjsak dsvv vdds b iuas dvdsuavb svb isu sivbn nvaisihifdvffsvbdfsbh mnvh enh

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank earlschieb
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The front desk was very nice and helpful. The room/bathroom was clean. We were only there for one night, but it was perfect for the night.
We were in room 201. If you are a light sleeper, I would suggest asking for a room that is near the back of the hotel, not the front. It didn't bother me, but the roadway noise bothered the other people I was with and woke them up during the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maysville
Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort
#1 of 4 in Maysville
Hampton Inn Maysville
Hampton Inn Maysville
#1 of 4 in Maysville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!