“A fabulous revisit!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bilsthorpe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have already written a review for this pub however we revisited a few weekends ago with friends and my mother and had a marvellous meal and fabulous hospitality from the landlord and his team. Thank you and we look forward to going back very soon as we don't think you can beat it!!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We are regulars to the copper and have always enjoyed this pub . The food is always good and it's always good value for money . But the service is Rubbish ! We had never had a problem with this pub untill last night . Our waitress was scruffy ( back combed hair may look cool but I don't want your ginger mess in my dinner thank you !) she was rude and kept passing us off very quickly ! After we had sat there for an hour waiting for our main ( that are always good ! I'm not knocking the food) the scruffy waitress regret to inform us that the plates were hot and I'm
Now sporting a lovely burn on my arm , after we had eaten we Waited and hour , yes an hour for our plates to be cleared and this didn't happen untill one of us had to go up to the bar and ask ! I noticed the family behind had to do the same and us two family's were the only bloody ones in there ! What they where doing with there time I have no clue . After another wait we ordered sweets . After 40 mins they had not arrived and it was getting beyond a joke , that was it , we got the sweets knocked off payed the bill on the dot and left . Such a shame because we really enjoyed it there but never again !

3  Thank Shannonlaviniawilson
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Walked in and we should have known , very cold no chat no fire no ambiance but tried Fish & Chips cannot go wrong but we were wrong as the hand cut chips ! probably hand cut in the factory and the fish was older than me !! Why these establishments cannot get it right I never know but I can see another pub closing till they get someone with more ooomfmph and can light a fire , warm pub good food good chat good food someone tell me where I can go . They ought to look at the Lion at Farnsfield that's got all a good pub needs and more .. Lets hope for the future in the Grteat British Pubs !!!"

1  Thank howie009
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We are fortunate enough to regard this as our local and have never been disappointed. The staff are friendly, it is clean and large enough not to have to sit on top of other diners however most importantly, the food is superb. Good menu choice, great tasting and huge portions. Nice garden for when the sun shines too!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went for the fantastically valued lunch menu as I had heard good things. Ordered the mushrooms as the starter which would have been fantastic, however there was a large piece of wire wool (assume used to clean pans) in it.
When I spoke to the waitress (I appreciate it is not her fault) she profusely apologised and sent it back to the kitchen. This poor girl then came out and offered us a (singular) complimentary drink and To replace the starter (wasn't risking finding anymore!) Now I was a little annoyed at this. It was not busy and would expect either the chef or manager at the time to come resolve this. I assumed it would be dealt with after our meal.

When I went to pay nothing was mentioned, so I asked if they had sorted the issue to another (what appeared more senior)member of staff, she flippantly mentioned that it had been sorted and agreed with me that it was dangerous. Nothing had been removed off the bill and it was not mentioned. I am disappointed with the way this was handled. A serious health and safety matter and senior staff had left a waitress to deal with this. It should have been handled much better and does not fill me with confidence to go back. I appreciate sometimes things happen that are out of our control, but the way they are managed and dealt with is. This was completely unacceptable and will not be recommending in the future. Extremely out of touch customer relations.

1  Thank R_travel_UK