“Great food”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bilsthorpe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and always had great food. The most recent visit there were 10 of us for roast dinner. Food was hot, Yorkshire puddings were brilliant and portions sizes were big. The food is always great and cheap for the quality.

1  Thank nattybg

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a nice gastro pub but unfortunately not all of their food is up to scratch. I had the shrimp and it was completely tasteless and the texture was very tough. Literally the worst shrimp I've ever had.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We dine here on a regular basis. Have been frequenting since it re opened and have never had a dissapointing meal. It's good to see the place busy and thriving. Staff very friendly and helpful and the ambience is lovely. Friends we have taken for meals bring their friends and relatives. The food is plentiful, fresh and beautifully cooked and presented. I am fussy about eating fish that has not been bought and cooked at home as most fish I have tried when out has been disgusting, The fish at the Beech is fresh and one of my favourite dishes, whatever it is, The salmon is particularly good. Would and do recommend to anyone.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Enjoyed a great meal here. Sharing starter for 2, the Camembert was delicious but enough food for 4.
When ordering the main I enquired about the poached salmon and crayfish salad that came with melon and asked if I could have it without the melon, what a pleasant surprise when the waiter immediately asked if I liked strawberries and would that be ok instead- one of the best salmon salads I have had

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Title says it all, The "Barn" is like a medium sized medieval hall, perfect size. The food was plentiful, Hot and well cooked and very enjoyable, service was impeccable and attentive, all in all excellent.
would go back anytime,.