“Good choice”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

To be short and sweet}

Great food extra large portions great staff.

All 5 of us gave it 10 out of 10

Thanks

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had our wedding reception at the copper beech on the 31st August, it was made more amazing and special by the fantastic people at the copper beech. The food was top class, couldn’t fault anything on the day. Our guests were looked after and cared for in every way! Nothing was too much and everything went off perfectly from the wedding breakfast for over 50 people which was all served together and hot! and the evening buffet for 100 was great. The decorations were fantastic, the DJ provided by the copper beech was fabulous – but the owners and staff were the stars! They were brilliant! If there was anything we wanted, we asked them and then it appeared, A massive huge thank you to you all, and we look forward to having all of our parties there! Everyone who attended said the food ,was out of this world! Overall, Outstanding Owner, Outstanding staff and a great venue and one I would recommend to anyone having either a wedding or party. FIVE STARS !!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Copper Beech, Bilsthorpe, Notts.
Called in on spec late afternoon; busy
Well situated pub in pleasant grounds.
Sparkling clean, interesting décor, and very welcoming ambience.
Pleasant smiling service.
Limited Bank Holiday menu with no veggie main course dishes and only one fish.
Long wait for service after after ordering but we don’t mind that (it invariably means things cooked to order).
My wife (non-meat eater) had the fish, chips and mushy peas. Generous portion, good batter but the fish, unfortunately, overcooked.
I had the chicken, ham & leek pie (with chips and mushy peas). Again, very generous; I could not eat it all. Filling no doubt pre-prepared but fitted with good puff pastry top and cooked to order. Not my favourite filling and therefore not something I would not normally choose. But no cause for complaint.
The chunky chips were exceptionally good – freshly cooked and HOT !
Tried all 3 ‘real’ ales on offer – one very sour but others fine.
Food a bit pricey for the area but we would certainly revisit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited 21/8/13. Ordered Duck Confit with mash potatoes & veg. Thought that the meal was oversalted. The duck was also somewhat dry. The others in the party enjoyed theirs (Fish & Chips and Poached Salmon Salad).

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is not the first time I have visited this pub and I always think the food is fantastic. The decoration is fantastic and the general feel of the pub is very nice. The only issue that I have found (on each occasion), is the poor service by waiting staff. Today (lunch) we walked in and took a seat (no one around), waited a little while and decided to get up and ask for our own menus. After waiting 5 minutes with no acknowledgement, went to the bar to get drinks and order food. Then asked if we would like it charged to the table. I found the whole experience quite confusing and I was unsure if we were to order through the bar or wait for a waitress. Similarly, in order to pay, instead of wait for the bill, went to the bar to save ourselves the confusion! Great food and has the potential to be fantastic - but the service needs to be addressed. Very uncomfortable!