“Good value for the money”
Review of Super 8 Mayfield

Super 8 Mayfield
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mayfield
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Upon a recommendation of reviews we choose to stay at this Super 8 in Mayfield, KY.
Place was clean and quiet. Continental breakfast is very simple so don't expect much.
Check out Happy House Resturant in town and have their signature ice tea. Good food and priced reasonably. If you want good home cooking try Wilma's and her homemade pies.
Yummy..... Good Wifi connection at super 8 also. For the $$ you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gramma06

Reviewed September 24, 2009

I made the reservation and PREPAID through Orbitz (you have to prepay through Orbitz or you don't get their discounted rates). Even though the staff at the hotel acknowledged my reservation was there, they denied they had been paid by Orbitz. I prepaid Orbitz $112 for two nights. They wanted to charge me $131 for two nights (actually much higher because they tried to trick me into paying for the jacuzzi in the room which I wasn't going to use) and said I had to get a refund from Orbitz for the lower rate. Then when I pursued that with Orbitz, they told Orbitz there was no refunds, they held a room open for me and lied to Orbitz, saying I had a second person in a second room which I NEVER did. They tried to keep both payments, only when I threatened to report them to the local Mayfield newspaper and Better Business Bureau did they refund HALF the Orbitz payment to Orbitz. Orbitz didn't want to lose me as a customer since I book with them alot, they refunded the rest. So I only got back $112, had to pay $131, and Super 8 got paid $187 for a two night stay, which is equivalent to three nights. They are a total ripoff gang of people running this hotel. They should be run out of business.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Made reservations with trepidation, having never stayed at a Super 8. Wonderful service, great breakfast, clean room and well cared for, have nothing but good to report!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2007

We just returned from attending a wedding in Mayfield, Ky and stayed at the Super 8 Motel. Our room was clean, nothing fancy and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The only down part of this motel is their breakfast. They only serve toast, one type of donut, bagels and drinks (no cereal). If you stay here and need a restaurant, they are on Highway 121 South. We ate at the Majestic Restaurant and Hills Bar-B-Que all on Highway 121 South and they were good.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank b1941
Reviewed December 1, 2006

We arrived in the area just after dark on Nov 15th, 2006. Stopped to check out the price. Was happy with price so booked for the night.
Had a very quiet night, room was clean. Would stop again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Nolensville, TN
Reviewed June 12, 2004

I was pleasantly surprised about the room and service at this Super 8. The economy chain had a less-than-beautiful record of providing good service and clean rooms. I arrived at the motel late in the evening, about 10 PM, and still check-in was effortless. The room was standard sized with pretty standard amenities for motels in this price range, however the room was extremely clean. It included a large television but no closet, only a few hangers on a bar that is right in the room. I was really surprised that the room had both a microwave and refrigerator inside of it. I hadn't requested this and it wasn't publicized online or in their brochure. I am not sure if every room had both of those or if I just got lucky. The breakfast was good for a continental breakfast. It included bagels, doughnuts, and toast. If you are passing through Mayfield this is a wonderful place to stop and spend the night, an economy chain that seemed to care about their guests.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield
Wingfield Inn
Wingfield Inn
#1 of 3 in Mayfield
Southern Comfort Suites
Southern Comfort Suites
#3 of 3 in Mayfield
Auburn Place Hotels and Suites

Been to Super 8 Mayfield? Share your experiences!