Main Street Italian Grill
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located just across the street from the Crittenden County Courthouse steps on Main Street. Parking in front, around the side street and in back. Open Tuesday - Saturday from 11 am - 8 pm and later.
Fredonia, Kentucky
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant is in Marion KY, not in IL. It's a great place to eat. Great pizza. Great italian dishes. Great Cesaer salads. You have to try the Chocolate Eruption cake. it's amazing! The owners are from New York and are so nice. Home made bread!

• Visited August 2013

Fredonia, Kentucky
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The owners of this restaurant are really nice. They have fresh Italian food that's great. Their Cesar salads are wonderful. Really good pizzas. They have wonderful desserts. The chocolate eruption cheesecake is out of this world. We've been there many times.

• Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Best Meals I Have Ever Had!!! Including NY, LA and in Italy Too”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great service with nice southern hospitality. Food to die for...

We eat out a lot and the food, friendliness, hospitality could not have been better. A True Crown Jewel Restaurant. - Fortunate to have such a place in West Kentucky.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank World Travelers B
Eddyville, KY
“Magnifico!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We'd heard a lot about the Main Street Italian Grill & Pizzeria, Marion, KY. Decided to give it a try with another couple who had been there several times previously. The restaurant is in downtown Marion, pretty much on the main square. It is right next door to Tactical Arms, and they seem to share space (more on this later).

Prior to arriving, I called to make reservations for four. I was asked is I wanted to be seated downstairs or upstairs, to which I asked "I don't know, do I want to be seated downstairs or upstairs?". The attendant said that downstairs was more casual, and upstairs was more private, especially if I wished to bring my own bottle of wine. Bottle of wine? I made reservations for upstairs....

We arrived at about 530PM on a Wednesday night, and seated ourselves up the stairs. They had a corner table already set up for us, complete with wine glasses and a corkscrew. Curiously, there was a set of double doors at the top of the stairs with a sign that stated something like "Danger: crossbow range in use" or something to that effect. Never heard a sound from beyond, but every now and then someone would walk out and back in. This is the space connected to the Tactical Arms business next door. Interesting but not problematic. And handy if you need to go shop for a tactical arm I guess! Downstairs was semi-busy that night, and appeared to have a family type atmosphere. I saw several families with kids enjoying the food. Upstairs, we had the entire floor to ourselves.

Our waitress was very attentive. Gave us plenty of time to decide on our order, and was familiar enough with the cuisine to explain differences in sauces, etc. We started with an appetizer of Bruschetta and flat bread, which was very good. Our main course was Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni with Marinara Sauce, and Seafood Cannelloni with a rose Alfredo sauce. Interestingly, the latter did not specifically mention shrimp in the menu, but lobster, crab, and scallops. The other couple with us ordered the same entree, but was not a shrimp fan. This was not an issue however. In all, we enjoyed the entrees. Very delicious.

The menu was bursting with food, all of which sounded grand. I basically just made a quick choice, not being "fluent" in Italian cuisine. They also had quite a selection of pizzas to choose from. These I will have to dabble with next time. I did not, however, see anchovies as an ingredient choice which is my barometer for a good/bad pizza place. But I didn't specifically ask, so the jury is out on that...

Our experience upstairs was very nice. It was well lit, well decorated, but a tad cold at first. The wine glasses were not exceptionally clean, but everything else was fine. There was a large LCD TV screen nearby, and we were asked if we wanted it on or off. We chose off, but they definitely wanted us to feel at home. We inquired about the fact we had brought a bottle of wine with us (a nice 2008 Villa Antinori Toscana) in a dry county eatery. Apparently, this "Speakeasy" works because they never touch it, serve it, or sell it. I guess it's not much different than bringing your own soft drink. As long as the management doesn't mind you're not buying their refreshments. They do, however, automatically charge a gratuity for all upstairs dinning, irregardless of how many are in your party. I was fine with this, and tipped my standard 20% anyway.

We finished the evening meal with a huge slice of NY Cheesecake. It was very good.

Although not an Italian expert by any means--and I can't say too much about how true to the cuisine this restaurant can serve because of this, everything that we had was excellent. The dirty wine glasses was really the only down side to the entire meal, and this was minor. The food was hot, the service quick (but not so fast as to be rushed--perfect really), and even the presentation, down to and including the dishware and silverware, was close to something you'd expect in a magazine. Now, if Marion would go 'moist' and one could get a mug of suds with one of those pizzas.......

• Visited March 2013
Smithland, Kentucky
“Good food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had the fried pork chop and it was really good! I would say the lighting was a little dim to try to see your food upstairs at night, but otherwise I have no complaints!

• Visited February 2013