“Second Visit Was a Major Disappointment”
Review of Marion Cafe - CLOSED

Marion Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped here a month ago, food and service were great, they accepted my debit card. We stopped here today, I ordered the Zesty Italian Sub--all bead, hardly any meat. My daughter ordered the BLT, the waitress told me that it comes with chips but when the bill arrived I discovered that they charged us for an extra order of chips! Then, as we were getting ready to pay and leave, I pull out my debit card and the waitress informs me that they no longer accept credit or debit cards--no sign, no warning, nothing. I didn't have enough cash on me so I had to leave my kids sitting there while I went to the ATM. Guess I won't be coming back here anytime soon!

1  Thank rmarple96

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had not eaten at the Marion Cafe for quite some time thus while traveling through Marion last month we made a stop. The inside had been rearranged a little, but not much from our last visit. Ordered breakfast and it was a very good breakfast, maybe one of the best in town,. Service was good and the meal was reasonably priced. Ordered some extra sides , like grist and they were very good. The breakfast period n was not busy and there was only one waitress on duty. No doubt this would pick up for lunch time. We were in town to travel to the Blackford Military Memorial which is about 10 miles from downtown Marion. A very nice Memorial about a mile off of US 60 as one travels toward Sturgis.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Marion Cafe is a great place to eat! It's full of Southern charm, from the ever-changing display of antiques to the checkered tablecloths and simple, easy-to-read menus. So far, I've enjoyed the Kentucky Hot Brown, club sandwich, and homemade potato chips. They give you plenty to eat, and the prices are pretty good. The staff treat you like a welcomed guest, and they don't seem to mind how long y'all sit and chat after you finally finish eating. Two thumbs up, way up!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

On our way to the Amish settlement we stopped in Marion at the Marion Café for breakfast. All I can say is WOW. It's a small town kind of place with all kinds of antiques as decorations. We were there early and so most of those already seated seamed to be locals as the waitress seemed to know them. This was one of the best breakfasts I ever had, other than my own country breakfast when I lived in the country. I enjoyed fresh country eggs, a "real" piece of ham, not any of that fake stuff , crispy hashbrowns, big thick slices of homemade bread toast and great coffee. So if you are heading to Marion, make sure you put this café on your list for great food!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A really great place for really good food! Catfish fillet with fried okra and hush puppies is fantastic.
The service is prompt, the staff is very friendly and the prices cannot be beat.
A super place to eat!