“LOOKING GOOD”

Days Inn Madisonville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Madisonville
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Just recently stayed at this hotel and noticed they are doing a lot of upgrades. The outside of the hotel is being painted currently and make the whole place look bright and cheery. The desk clerk told me they are also upgrading an entire wing of the hotel that will be open after the first of the year. Can't wait to see them!! The staff here is always so friendly and the breakfast is great. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Madisonville

Reviewed September 26, 2011

BEDBUGS!!!! First room was in building E. Given a nonsmoking room and room reeked of smoke. At the entryway on the carpet there were dead bugs and almost dead bugs lying belly up. Smelled like extermination had been recent. There were bedbugs in the mattress pad and stitching of the mattresses. The door to the room in the hallway had dirt marks all over it. Inside the tub was nasty with black marks all over. By the air conditioner there were gnats swarming.

Went to front desk, clerk was pleasant and told her about the bedbugs quietly. She offered a room on second floor near the front desk, just up the stairs. We checked that room and the cleanliness was better, but when we checked both beds there were no bedbugs in the mattress pad, but there were dead ones in the cracks/stitching of both mattresses.

Owner/manager offered third room and we declined. Said they exterminated monthly and he spent 2700 per month per room for extermination services and while pleasant and not hateful in his attitude continued to try and get us to stay. We refused his offer.

Since we had made the booking through Hotwire we called and requested a refund through them. When they contacted the hotel, the owner/manager told them they exterminated twice monthly and contested what I said. Still going to attempt to get a refund, but don't know if that will happen.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MMMichele
Larry K, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Madisonville, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Disatisfied Guest,
I am very sorry for the problems you had at your recent stay with us. Even though your problems tried to be mediated, I feel you should have left satisfied. Sorry that satisfaction wasnt met. Im extremely embarassed that bedbugs was the situation. Bedbugs are a tremendous problem in hotels and even with the preventions we take we are still sometimes disgraced with this problem. I would like an oppertunity to make this up to you and to change your impression of our hotel. If your ever in the area please give me this oppertunity and I guarentee you wont be disapointed.
Thanks,
270.821.8620

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Next we will go camping instead of staying here! The toilet in our room was backed up, so I called the front desk. They stated that the maintenance man was at home and they would have to call him, but they could give me a plunger instead so I could clear it up myself! So to take care of it quickly I did. Weekend trips are supposed to be fun, but this is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in!

Don't stay here if you can help it, go camping, you'll be safer.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank delta210
Larry K, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Madisonville, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

I would like to apologize for the problems you endured at our property. i would also like to ask you for the chance to change your first impression of our property. Guest satisfation is something we strive for. We have recently had many changes at our hotel, icluding some staff.
If you have anymore questions or comments please give me the chance to change this impression.

Thanks,
270.821.8620

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Considering this hotel is older it is well maintained. Needs some newer updated furniture but otherwise good. Love the beds--pillowtop, and very comfortable. I was happy to see Good prices for the amenities and the hotel. Will definitely stay here in the future. Staff was friendly too.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and was "ok" with it. It was an older hotel so we took that into consideration and it was worth the money we paid. HOWEVER, this trip was the deal breaker and we will NOT ever stay there again!! Oh, where to begin!! When we get there we are lazily asked if we have a reservation from a sitting receptionist who won't even stop counting the money from the drawer and look us in the eye. When i say no, she says well we are booked up except for one room that someone came in long enough to take shower and left if you want it. We were desperate after driving so long and needed a room so we looked at it and took it (the beds had not even been touched, so all was ok) that night was not so bad. The next night was awful, i have a 3 year old child who will be a child, excited about new area, trying out new things, etc. well we were placed beside someone who had to apparently be up very early the next day and since we were "too loud" for them they proceeded to cuss my child through the wall. I immediately took her to the front desk with me and asked for a change in rooms because of the foul mouth neighbor. The front desk lady (same as the night before) took this as an opportunity to defend the neighbor and finally get us a room that we had to go upstairs and outside to get to! No elevator in this place either so eventually we get to the other room which is non-smoking to find it reeking of smoke stench , luckily i had a bottle of febreze. I pulled back the covers of one bed and there was BLOOD on the mattress pad!! BLOOD!!!!!. Not to mention the cigarette butts in the vents and the VERY VERY dirty carpet that looked like it had never been vacuumed! I canceled the rest of our stay and left, it was a miserable experience and I didn't even go into it all! I just would NEVER recommend going there unless you want to get ticked off!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wearytravelerparis08

I am very sorry that your stay was not up to the standards we strive to meet at Days Inn. As an older hotel we realize that we have to work twice as hard to make your stay satisfactory. A lot of changes have been made since your stay, including staff. I would like to personally invite you back and hope to change your view on our hotel. We are currently remodeling the hotel inside as well as out.

Sorry for your inconveniences,

Reviewed February 17, 2011

We put two of our workers there while they are working in the area. On Feb 14th, 2011, they were sleeping and woke up with bites on their bodies. They found bugs all in the beds and went to the desk for another room and were refused another room. The next day when the workers reported this to my husband he requested a refund and was very upset that they men were refused another room and had to spend the rest of the night in that bug infested room. We moved the men out of there and requested a refund. Still waiting.

We did take the men to a med clinic, at the expense of the Days Inn, to make sure that it was bed bugs and it was. Wyndham does not do anything for us but make a complaint to the Days Inn. Still waiting to hear from the Days Inn owner.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2011

After driving from East Kentucky to West Kentucky on business, I was looking forward to an economical, clean room. Upon entering, I had the impulse to pull the sheets and matress coverings back--- found bugs skittering across the bed and embedded into the stitching of the matress. Second bed in the room, ditto. Front desk gave me a second room, repeat of the first. I wrapped up one of the little bugs and took it down when I told them I was moving next door.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madisonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Madisonville
Best Western Central City
Best Western Central City
#1 of 3 in Central City
Baymont Inn & Suites Madisonville

Been to Days Inn Madisonville? Share your experiences!