Ruby Lodge at Spring Lake Woods
$119
$98
$89
ComfortInn
Baymont Inn & Suites Madisonville(Madisonville)(Great Value!)
$87
$76
$85
Stratton Inn(Princeton)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was traveling for work, and decided to try something unique for a change of pace. I was skeptical as we drove through a modest neighborhood to get to the property, but once we pulled in, I could see how lovely it was. There are 2 houses; the Lake House, where i stayed, is somewhat less formal, but both houses are charming. The setting is gorgeous, with a beautiful view of the lake. Shirley was very welcoming. I was the only guest the night that I stayed there, and I wish my visit had been longer. If I'm in the area again, I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Review of Ruby Lodge

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night/three-day stay at the Ruby Lodge.

Upon first arriving at the property, I must admit I was not overly impressed with the front exterior of the Lodge itself. However, first impressions are not always correct. As soon as we entered the front hallway and had a glimpse of this magnificent home from the inside with the incredible views overlooking the large pond behind the property, it was love at first (second) sight! I promise you will not be disappointed.

From wonderful breakfasts made by the home's owner, Shirley, (a wonderful cook) to the choice of cucumber melon shower wash in the bathrooms, you will notice a lot of little things done well.

My favorite breakfast was the French toast (stuffed with cream cheese) and fresh fruit topped with homemade jams from the surrounding countryside.

We look forward to returning to the Ruby Lodge in the near future.

Scott and Sheila

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a truly wonderful week in July at Ruby Lodge at Spring Lake. The main house and the Lake House are exquisite and beautifully decorated and extremely clean. The breakfast every morning is delicious and plentiful. Shirley and Joe and their staff are very warm and welcoming. We have stayed at several other bed and breakfasts in various states and Rudy Lodge is far superior to any. We will definitely be returning to this outstanding B and B.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our third opportunity to enjoy Ruby Lodge. We have stayed in both the Lake House and Ruby House. Both buildings are well maintained, and are architecturally interesting structures. The owners, Joe and Shirley Thomas, are exceptional hosts. We have stayed in a number of B&Bs along the east coast, and Ruby Lodge is an excellent value, and an exceptional experience. We plan to stay at Ruby Lodge on future visits to the Madisonville area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just had our daughters wedding at the Ruby Lodge, it could not have been more perfect. Shirley and staff were excellent, great food and accommodations . This is the best place to have a wedding. The wedding pictures are going to turn out great with the beautiful backdrop of the lake and woods. The home is beautifully decorated. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family