“Creole brunch spot!!”

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #303 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Canton, Mississippi
“Creole brunch spot!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere and coffee reminded me of New Orleans!!! So i opted for the apple bacon waffles--a real delight!! added a fresh squeezed OJ, and was satisfied!! What a treasure--excellent service and reasonable prices!!

• Visited October 2013

Louisville, Ky
“Don't think I'll be back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Let me start out by saying the restuarant was full, so it seems to be a popular place. But for my visit, I don't have very many positive comments. For a full restaurant, I must saw I was sitted quickly, which may have been the problem. The waiter seemed rushed the entire time. He spent very little time at the table. Service was very slow as well. I can for breakfast and order pancakes, eggs and bacon. The pancakes would have be good if they were a little warmer. The eggs were cold . It should have come with a bowl of fruit, that was missing. Maybe it was a staffing issue... regardless,it's my last visit.

• Visited September 2013
MI
“for a chain-excellent French”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Saw a flyer at a motel that advertised happy hour and French food, Very odd that it did not give phone number or address and had to look up in yellow pages. When i entered the reataurant i showed the flyer to the mahager who was not aware it was being handed out to motels.

Started off with two excellent dirty martinis not too salty, served by Jeff. He personally stuffed the olives with blue cheese. He gave the evening specials but I already saw the beef Bourguignon. I asked if the tomato bisque was sweet or tart so he brought a sample. Too tart and spicy for me so went with the onion soup which was very good. My wife had the corn chowder and scallops alos good. We split a blue cheese and walnut salad--excellent. The beef Bourguignon rich and filling. Wife had Roasted Chicken Crepes did not like, blah and not tasty.I tried them, slightly tart and sour but not interesting

while it had New Orleans French Quarter motif the food was far more French than New Orleans

I'd go back

• Visited August 2013
Evansville, Indiana
“Outstanding service; delicious brunch!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 5 was welcomed by a warm smile as soon as we walked in and quickly seated. Our server made us right at home. Very attentive to details, he was the perfect host! Everything we ordered was scrumptious! Omelette, cinnamon bread French toast, quiche - yum! He even gave us a couple of marvelous muffins to take home since it was our first visit there! Congratulations to the restaurant manager - you're doing something right! We will be back next time we are in Louisville!!!

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, KY
“Very Forgettable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Mimi's 4 or 5 times over the few years. I wish I could share the mostly positive reviews from others, but most of the meals have been very mediocre and forgettable. Service has been pretty good for the most part. Have tried a few of the appetizers and they've ranged from pretty good to downright bad.

It's my understanding that Mimi's is operated by the same parent company that owns Bob Evans. That might explain why the food is not that great. Plenty of much better, similarly priced spots in Louisville.

• Visited February 2013