“Seasonal Peach is back.”

Graeter's Ice Cream
Ranked #6 of 48 Dessert in Louisville
Good for: Families with children
Description: Graeter's has been making irresistible ice cream since 1870. We handcraft all the delicious flavors right here in Louisville with all natural and non-GMO ingredients. We offer ice cream and sorbets by the scoop, delicious sundaes, malts, milkshakes, old fashioned sodas, chillers and delicious candies. We also carry hand packed ice cream to take with you as well as options that will keep them frozen for up to 24 hours. Stop in for a scoop or sundae, and treat yourself to the best ice cream you'll ever taste.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Seasonal Peach is back.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

And I couldn't be happier. I love all Graeter's ice cream but to me the fresh peach is best. Yesterday I picked up a pint of fresh peach and butter pecan. I ate so much of both after my meal last night that I woke up today with an ice cream hangover. Anyhow, the seasonal fresh peach is in my opinion the best ice cream on the market. I don't even buy any ice cream other than Graeter's, it is THAT good.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Doogymon

“Absolutely Wonderful”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

FORGET THIS PLACE...unless you want to indulge in a perfect treat anytime of the year, and especially on a hot Summer day. They have so many treats from which to choose, but I never seem to get past the ice cream selection. They don't have an overabundance of flavors, but every single one of them is excellent. Ask for a sampling spoon if you are unsure. Raspberry Chocolate Chip and Black Cherry Chocolate Chip just may the two best. These folks believe in quality ingredients and huge chocolate chips ala Ben & Jerry's.

Scoops are generous and are served on a tasty sugar cone for $2.79. That is probably enough for most peopke and quite affordable for a quality treat. Moving up to the double dip on a chocolate dipped waffle cone and you will hit the $6 mark.

I know it is a chain and isn't even local, but it is so friendly and pleasant that it is easy to pretend you are supporting a Mom & Pop parlor.

Very occasionally they offer Black Walnut and it is the best I have ever had. If you see it on the display board, get out of my way!

• Visited June 2013
“Strawberry Chocolate Chip”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Is as good as you're heard. Service with a smile, expect a line most days and times. Also, wearing an ugly tie = free ice cream on father's day. ; )

Visited May 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great ice cream, friendly service”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great ice cream and delicious pastries. Love their pumpkin ice cream (seasonal) and their fruit sorbets. Waffle cones are delicious.

Visited April 2013
“Raspberry chocolate chip”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is the best ice cream in the US. My first stop in Louisville is Graeter's. I would weight a ton if I lived in Louisville. Fortunately, I live far away so I treasure my black raspberry chip every time I am in town! While some say the price is high, I say that you get what you pay for!

Visited March 2013