“Can't envision better”
Review of Varanese

Varanese
Reserve with OpenTable
Varanese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,806 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Vernon
Transit: Varanese has a TARC stop in front along with a Frankfort Ave. Trolly Hop Stop.
Description: Varanese Restaurant is located in the historic Clifton neighborhood and features an eclectic menu of New American Cuisine using local organic products, prepared by Owner/Chef John Varanese. The restaurant opened in 2007 and has recently completed a renovation and can comfortably seat 150 guests between its bar, dining room and four seasons patio. Open 7 days a week - Sunday through Thursday from 5:00pm to 11:00pm, and Friday and Saturday 5:00pm to midnight.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

First place I have ever eaten at twice in two nights. Fantastic food, beverage, and atmosphere. At off the evening specials last night (Wagyu tenderloin with buttermilk mashed potatoes) and main menu tonight (pork chop). Everything was perfect. End of story.

Randy B, Public Relations Manager at Varanese, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Doesn't get much better than that! Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Too my love and I to Varanese for dinner on a Friday night (had reservations for 7:00) and found a parking space right up front. Got immediate warm welcome and seated out on the covered patio. Jazz trio was just setting up. She had the salmon, I had strip steak. Both were amazing. Also had calamari as appetizer and everything was superb. Proprietor came around towards the end of our visit to check on us. You could tell he really did care about his guests.

Only negative would be parking and that would be a small negative. When we left the place was full and cars were parked on both sides of the street down the block. I plan on returning again and again. A keeper.

Randy B, Public Relations Manager at Varanese, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

It sounds like you were really lucky on parking. You can also park across the street in the lot at Nancy's bagels. Happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us. It's worth the parking search!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We chose to celebrate our anniversary at Varanese. We have dined at many of Louisville's best restaurants and Varanese is deserving of its reputation as one of the top restaurants in the area. The food was delicious and perfectly prepared. The service was exceptional and the atmosphere was ideal. Chef Varanese stopped by to check on our dining experience and he could not have been any nicer.

So happy to be a part of your celebration! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have been to Varanese several times andwhen my father in law came in for the weekend we suggested it. The evening started wonderfully and our server was great. My husband and father in law loved their entrees but sad to say I didn't have the same experience. I ordered the strip steak cooked medium, upon cutting into it it was cooked well down, no pink what so ever so I asked to send it back. The server was more then accommodating, then the manager came out. He told me that my steak was cooked to medium and that in the kitchen they have florescent lighting and it shows that it's medium. At that point I was more then frustrated that I was being treated in such a fashion. I'm sorry but when I grill a steak and cut it outside and take it inside it does not change color. My second steak arrives and you can tell by the firmness of the steak that it is over done and it was. I told the manager to take it back and I was done. Then the chef comes out with his phone to show me a picture of a steak that looks medium and explains that under the florescent lights it looks medium. I'm sorry but fix your lights.
I was insulted and will not be returning. It's a shame when someone cannot simply apologize for a mistake.

3  Thank kellymm24

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Our Chef and Manager thought they had resolved the issue to your satisfaction. Please contact David Allen so that we can figure out a better solution. We certainly did not mean to offend you and apologize for any inconvenience. He may be reached at 502-899-9904 or at letsdine@varanese.com.

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I have heard all good things about this place and went here last year. Fantastic food and was asked by Mr. Varanese how our dishes were. Nice guy. Wonderful food and would recommend. Be prepared to pay for it!

Thank you for the recommendation. So glad you enjoyed your meal with us!