“Excellent Cuisine and Atmosphere”
Review of Varanese

Varanese
Reserve with OpenTable
Varanese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,807 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Vernon
Transit: Varanese has a TARC stop in front along with a Frankfort Ave. Trolly Hop Stop.
Description: Varanese Restaurant is located in the historic Clifton neighborhood and features an eclectic menu of New American Cuisine using local organic products, prepared by Owner/Chef John Varanese. The restaurant opened in 2007 and has recently completed a renovation and can comfortably seat 150 guests between its bar, dining room and four seasons patio. Open 7 days a week - Sunday through Thursday from 5:00pm to 11:00pm, and Friday and Saturday 5:00pm to midnight.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Varanase is a unique place with wonderful food. During the summer months, one whole side of the restaurant can be opened up for partial outdoor dining. This is a really nice touch on those not so hot nights. I cannot say enough about the food - everything I have ever eaten there has been cooked perfectly and was delicious. I highly recommend the pork chop. Try Varanese - I don't think you will be disappointed!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food was good and the service was excellent. The prices are a little high but reasonable compared to other similar places. We shared a shrimp ceviche which was really good and ample. I had the pork chop which was unlike anything I had ever had and easily the best pork chop I have ever tasted. My wife had the brushetta pasta which she said was good but she too excited it. We then tried the tres leches dessert and did not like it at all so they graciously let us get a lava cake which was really good. Nice little house trio playing jazz on the side; they were just ok and took frequent breaks. The wall on one whole side opens in the warmer months but it is a little cramped and stuffy in there with it closed.
Overall it was a very nice experience and I think that with the wall open and a slightly better band this would be a 5 star experience for sure. We plan on coming back this Spring to find out:)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have friends who rave about this place, but have yet to see what they see. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful, but some of the entrees I have had their tend to be a tad overcooked and heavily salted. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went here to celebrate my 21st birthday. Everyone was really nice that I encountered and was told happy birthday multiple times! The band even played the birthday song to me when they brought out my birthday dessert, which absolutely wonderful! Our server was fantastic and knew a lot about the menu and gave excellent suggestions on wine and dinner items. We had the baked brie for an appetizer and it was amazing! The atmosphere is great, the decor was awesome. I can only saw nothing but great things about this place! I would go back in a heart beat.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Great beer and wine selection and great meal from start to finish . We had a party of four and zero complaints . A definite top 10 in Louisville.

1  Thank nbarr777