“Horrible Wi-Fi but amazingly awesome staff!”

Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Dallas
“Horrible Wi-Fi but amazingly awesome staff!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The title sums it up nicely. The price you pay for the room doesn't follow through to the wifi. 0.67mbps down and 0.83mbps up, 67ms ping. This is not a one day thing. I keep coming back here regardless of the wifi; the staff are the real selling point You won't be watching Netflix here unless you want to eat up your hotspot data plan that you may or may not have; unless you have unlimited. You'll receive 1-2 bars of Sprint 4G LTE service if you're lucky with 4-7mpbs down 1mbps up, but most likely you'll hit the 3G depending on what side of the hotel you're on. With Verizon, you'll receive 4 bars to full 4G LTE service with 20-25mpbs down and 7-11mpbs up!

If you're bringing an XBOX/PS3, you'll do fine with the awesome media panel that most Hyatt Place's have. HDMI, component, composite, pc vga. Just keep in mind it's a 720p TV so make sure you set your devices to that, otherwise you'll have flickering at 1080i. Also note that a computer displaying on the tv works great with HDMI, but it will "blow up" the icons due to the tv not being 1080p.

I suggest avoiding the vending, it's very over priced. Your value comes in when you order off of the menu. Awesome food and worth your money. I believe some of the vending is the same things on the menu, but with it being wrapped up tight and setting in the cooler, you just don't feel like you're getting your money's worth. Menu is available 24/7, which is awesome. Everything I've tried so far has been great.

Sadly some of the rooms have the old knob thermostats, while others the digital one. It also seems the digital ones are more quiet. Also, some of the rooms have tub showers, while others have a very nice walk in shower with glass doors. Not sure what the deal is there. All rooms have a fridge, but no microwave. You can, however, use the microwave in the breakfast area.

Breakfast is a winner as well. It's not your normal fake eggs, bacon and biscuits. Instead you'll find hot sandwiches, fresh fruit, french toast, cereals, etc.

The staff is why you'll want to keep coming back here. They're always friendly and always make sure you're taken care of!! I can't thank them enough for everything they do!

Also, Carraba's, Bonefish Grill, and Chili's are less than a block over. PF Chang's is just down the road as well, and about 10 minutes from the Cheesecake Factory and Malls.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with a digital thermostat and a room facing the front of the hotel (better view...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Auburn
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was a nice surprise! We stayed for 4 days and felt that we had plenty of room to spread out. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet and very clean. The staff was amazing - knowing that we had booked through a third party, they still attended to all of our requests, including the floor we wanted to be on and the type of bed we wanted. We checked in after 8:00 p.m. and even though the kitchen was closed, tea and milk were graciously provided. The hotel is in a very safe neighborhood for walking and jogging. The breakfast was wonderful - there was a variety of different foods each day. The signature breakfast sandwiches were especially tasty. The only negative might be that the bathroom is very small. The AC units are inside the room and I did not find it too noisy as I had read on another review. I would still go back!!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and received one.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2013

All the staff couldn't do enough for you. The room I stayed in was a suite. Very clean and big. Their breakfast was fabulous. The price was a discounted as it was none refundable and prepaid. I stayed 4nights and I wanted to stay longer as I was treated like family.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor. Found it to be a quiet and was a sunny room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed a week at this hotel. It seemed to be very clean. The suites were roomy, housekeeping was efficient, and the breakfasts were above average. They cook right on sight, and we were pleased with the hot fresh items. The staff was very nice, and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We would recommend this hotel, and would stay again when in the area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am in Louisville quite often as I have business in the area and although this hotel isn't the most conveniently located to the businesses I have to visit, it is fairly easy to get to from the airport, freeways and anywhere else I need to get to and it has that Hyatt Place consistency.

I don't mean this to sound bad, but the Hyatt Place brand to me is the McDonald's of the mid-level hotel chains in that I know exactly what I'm going to get every time I stay there no matter where I end up in the US (or anywhere else). This is a good thing. I also, from time to time, stay at some of the Marriott chains and although they are good, it can be hit or miss as to what you get at the same hotel brand in the Marriott line-up. I like that about Hyatt Place, the consistency.

This particular location is no different. I have stayed there many times and it has always been good. Breakfast has improved with the new skillet features, just wish they'd increase the hours until about 10:30am. There are times when out later at night entertaining customers where a later breakfast would be nice, but it isn't the end of the world. Rooms are always clean, they almost always accommodate my desire for 1st floor, and the staff is friendly.

If you're in the area and have a little flexibility (have a car) and don't need to stay directly downtown or something, I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I would stay here again. The front desk girls were very helpful when we asked about local restaurants and some other questions. The hotel was very clean the only issue was the bathroom sink was outside of the actual bathroom which isn't an issue.

• Stayed August 2013
Ragland, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had to recently attend a business trip to Louisville and stayed at the Hyatt Place off of Hursbourne Parkway. The staff was top notch, room were very large and clean, and the breakfast was great for hotel food. I would stay here again and plan to when I have travel plans in the area. If you are looking for a great place to stay, at a reasonable rate, check out the Hyatt Place! I plan to on my next trip!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be great, as we had several people in this hotel and visited several of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business